The Start Of New Chaos

Chapter-37
Trap or bad luck?

.°•The Start Of New Chaos•°.•

~•~

Short note: I missed mentioning that everyone in Sabertooth has the age of post 7 year timeskip, I.e, the age they had in GMG arc of the original series.

~•~

The next few weeks passed quickly. Everyone was busy training, and figuring out information about their respective locations, and their goal.

Some found information about Tartaros, some about Seireyu and Cana, but no one yet had some concrete evidence going for them.

Team 1, in Minstrel, was doing their best, but got no clue at all. Team 4 wasn't concerned about information, their main goal was to survive. Especially since Gray and Erza aren't around.

But even for surviving, food is necessary. So the only time Lucy stepped out in daylight was when they needed to buy their necessities.

To keep the success rates of their secrecy high, she went alone without Wendy or Carla; and only on one day in a week, that was Sunday. It was pretty crowdy that weekend, which means that the risk was high.

But also, because it was crowdy, blending in was easy. She carried only one zodiac key, of Loke, just to be safe.

She did ran into Lamia scale wizards, including Lyon, almost every time. He was mostly strolling in the town in his free time. But because of her unpopularity, she always managed to slip by without getting caught.

She has gotten pretty skilled at it. She has been doing this for about a month now.

(Yes, a timeskip of 1 month)

Right now, she is hurrying back with a paper bag in one of her hand and a poster in other. Her face was joyful, and her hood was almost down. She didn't care about it at all though. She just wanted to show something to Wendy and Carla.

After a short sprint from the main street, she reached the building in which they booked the hotel. Making minimum contact with the staff, she quickly climbed up the stairs, onto the first floor where their room was.

"Finally..." Lucy mumbled removing her hood completely and opening the door. "I am bac-"

She was just greeting Wendy and Carla, when Wendy rushed over to her and gave her a hug out of excitement.

Lucy and Wendy had grown really close in this past month. Even Carla had opened up more with her too. It wasn't uncalled for.

"W-Whoa." Lucy says with a smile walking inside, with Wendy clinging to her, and closing the door behind to avoid any trouble.

"Got this letter a minute ago, Lucy-San." Wendy says excitedly, getting back to her feet, and handing a letter to Lucy.

"Ha-? A letter...?!" She asks raising her eyebrows. Lucy keeps the paper bag and the poster on a table and sits on the bed with the letter in her hand. It was folded into an envelope.

"What is it?" Lucy asks opening the envelope. The seal was broken, Wendy must have opened it before.

"A letter from them." Carla says walking over to Lucy.

The letter almost slipped out from her hand as Carla mentioned that. "From Erza and Gray?" Lucy asks even more excitedly, now unfolding the letter quickly.

"But... it wasn't delivered by Happy. It was a postman..." Wendy adds.

"Maybe they couldn't send Happy in the sitution they are in. The letter feels rushed too." Carla explains. "...and that kinda spoils the purpose of Happy tagging with them."