The Conclusion

Chapter-39
Confusion and Chaos

.|The Conclusion|•.

~•~

(Just gonna state the obvious. Many events, from now on would be overlapping each other. So, check out for the time differences mentioned. It would make the story more interesting and feel real.)

(Media: Shows the entrance of the town of Malva)

...

~A while earlier~

"Lucy, Wendy! Get back! I will take care of the debris." Loke says blocking a massive chunk of ice and dust with one of his attacks.

Lucy covers her nose with one of her hand, and Wendy's arm with other. "Let's go."

Wendy hugs Carla tighter, and starts to walk along. On their way, Lucy sees those three main culprits tied with a rope together. Briar was gauging her eyes out on Wendy and Lucy.

Lucy would have just ignored them, but Wendy couldn't bring herself to do that. She jerked Lucy's hand lightly. Lucy gave a glance and Wendy, and immediately knew what she wanted.

At first, Lucy tried to think of a reason to not help them. But in the urgency of the situation, where you could be squashed under debris, if not lose your senses first because of all those dust particles there were, Lucy couldn't think of any.

Lucy gave Wendy a nod. Wendy smiled and with a nod, ran inside the town.

"Open, Gate of the Golden Bull! Taurus!" Lucy chants holding the key of Taurus.

The spirit appears with a golden light shining brightly in that dust storm.

"Leave it to mooooo!" Taurus yells and picks up the trio of cultists like a heavy barrel against his chest.

"HUH?! YOU THINK YOU WON'T BE KILLED IF YOU TRY TO SAVE US?!" Briar yells. "BITCH DON'T WASTE MERC-"

"SHUT UP FOR ONCE!" Lucy yells back even louder, making Briar flinch.

Then Lucy waves her hand, leading the way for Taurus. "Bring them here."

Taurus does the same, carefully transporting that bundle of people safely away from the area.

The dust was settling as time passed. When there was no risk of being squashed by any flying debris, Lucy gave a sigh of relief. Loke joined her as soon as his part was over.

"Why...?" Briar mumbles.

"Thank her." Lucy replies pointing her thumb at Wendy. Wendy does an awkward smile as Briar stares at her.

After a short moment, she looks away from Wendy and sighs. "That kindness won't take you anywhere in this world... brat."

"Atleast be grateful." Lucy says, totally expecting this reply from Briar.

She nods at Taurus, and he disappears. The trio of cultists had a rough landing though.

"Alright then, how do we manage those guys?" Lucy asks looking at the entrance of the town, the place where destruction was maximum. The vision was still blurry, but they could see the cultists yelling mindlessly outside the town. There was a wall of debris that prevented them to do a direct attack.

"Those guys are too close to the giant. If things go by our luck, we won't have to lift a finger." Loke points out, gesturing towards the giant. He was right... it was only a matter of time before these guys are flattened.