Beginning Of The End

Chapter-5
The journey begins!

.°•Beginning Of The End•°.

~•~

Note- If you haven't noticed already, artificially produced light was not a weakness of beast to begin with. I mean he used fire that produced light too? His weakness was sunlight but mayor confused it with normal light too.
And to all those 6 viewers reading this book constantly, you are the best

Erza and Gray were on their way to the city. It's been a minute or so since Happy found them. Gray was carrying Happy because his magic was almost over and moreover, he was traumatized from what he experienced.

"Lushie..." He kept mumbling softly and repeatedly.

"He must have see something real bad." Gray says rubbing Happy's head.

"The beast has an intense bloodlust... I can sense it from here... we cannot let Lucy die. I need to hurry.", Erza whispers running even faster than Gray.

"Lucy...don't die on us."

It was at this right moment when defeaning sound rang throughout the city in the silence of the night. Debris was sent flying in the sky with crimson flames, at a distance far away.

Crimson flames illuminated the dark sky with a deep shade of red. It was almost as if the sky was set to fire. Burning debris was raining down. The heat was felt even by Erza and Gray who were still far from the epicenter.

"No way..." Erza says with narrowed eyes. She grits her teeth and then strikes a nearby wall in anger, "DAMN IT ALL! It's my fault. I never thought that beast could stop Happy from carrying Lucy."

Gray was too shocked to speak or calm down Erza. He was just staring the flames and feeling it's heat, estimating how powerful the one who caused this must be.

They were standing still, raged and depressed. Both of them were too stunned to run anymore. "It's over" Gray whispers looking at the flames vanishing from the sky. "...can you move?"

-Silence-

No one spoke to other for a few seconds. But silence was soon broken by Happy. "It's not his flames....they were red... completely red, terrifying and sizzling. These flames are not his."

"It doesn't matter...the flames were crimson... red is not much different from it. He must have used his full power this time. Even if it wasn't his, the sound or debris or the heat would have already..." Gray stops and sighs.

Happy jerks his head and looks at Erza. She was not there. She had already left leaving Gray behind. "Just you wait, I will make you pay for this" Erza yells from a distance.

Happy then looks at Gray and nods with determination in his eyes. Gray nods back and picks him up. "Just few minutes more and I will have sufficient magic to carry you back to the beast." Happy says as Gray starts running.

"He will pay for this..." Gray mutters increasing his pace. "...I will kill him for this..."

•••

On the battlefield where Natsu completely obliterated the 8 foot tall monster. Only thing that remained was the hand that already detached from the monster before the explosion. The other hand was caught in the blast.

His last remains were being feasted upon crimson flames, slowly erasing his existence.

Natsu sighs and breathes out smoke from his mouth, exiting the stage dragon force. He wipes the black blood of the monster off his face with his hands. It was really thick...