Curses of Tartaros

Chapter-14
The king of the underworld

°.Curses Of Tartaros.•°

Natsu's eyes were narrowed as he looked at Elvira. He have to save Lucy from this Mard Geer...what is he waiting for?

Julius was laughing loudly in the background. Natsu's stares intensifies that makes Elvira feel uncomfortable. She covers herself with her arms and looks away. She couldn't look Natsu in his eyes. Her body starts to shiver timidly.

"Don't waste anymore time here... you can leave. I won't blame you for my death... it's a fate afterall..." Elvira whispers slowly. She had mixed feelings. She really did not want Natsu to fight Julius but she also knew that both she and Natsu will die, not Natsu actually because he is a spirit, if they did nothing.

She did not want to die. No one wants to choose death, discarding their own life... but if it is by the hands of Julius...

It was a hard choice, but she chose to die. At least her death would be fruitful for her friend. Natsu was frozen still, lost in his dilemma, "Retreat or stay?"

Elvira sighs. She takes a big gulp and gives a final glance to the nature around her. She will end this for good...

"Julius... do you remember the time that we used to play together? The time when we were unbreakable friends?" She says walking towards Julius. It was her last hope. A emotional breakdown may bring her friend to senses.

"...clear as day." Julius replies, calling down. "We were both alone... after our parents died in a shipwreck."

"And yet, we survived." Elvira smiles. "We got to this point together."

"Those were some good times..."

"The times when we used to fight over something as trivial as food and used to play till evenings? Or the times we robbed the vendors?" Elvira laughs. She did not knew why... but she really felt funny. "The Julius I knew... was kind hearted and the best friend one can ever wish for. You are Julius... right? Please... lets go back..."

She continued to walk towards Julius until she was standing right in front of him. She extends her hand and gently keeps it on Julius's chest. He looked closely at Elvira, his body calm and composed. Then he gave a little sigh.

Julius puts his hand on her left shoulder. Elvira did not resist.

"I remember all those times well. Those were the times when I thought that I was free... free from everything. But what I lived in was granted, granted by that town who took pity on us. My blood boils thinking about those stares... they considered themselves superior to us... But now it has changed. I have finally seen the real freedom. The freedom that lies in the plan of my master." He kneels down to meet the height of Elvira. He smiles and hugs Elvira.

Elvira smiles back.

"Join me. Master will gladly accept anyone who believes in true freedom, a world with one great being above everyone... But freedom always comes with a price."

He felt a flinch in her body. Reassuringly, he adds, "Don't worry. It will be quick."

Elvira closes her eyes. It was the end. She had chosen death. There was no escape anyways.

She was in his grasp, reducing any chance of escaping. She could feel the hand of her beloved friend crushing her skull and squeezing her body. It was a feeling of intense pain. It was hard to bear but she knew it will be over in few seconds. 1..2..3..4 and then it was gone.