The Heavy Blunder

Chapter-45
The dark guild in the message

°•.•.The Heavy Blunder.•.•°

~•~

"So, what are you going to do about this, LAXUS?" Orga asks excitedly.

Laxus clicks his tongue, and steps back. He then whispers to himself.
"A woman that uses spatial magic. The big one has black lightning and he can eat my attacks... he's definitely a god slayer. That leaves the last one with the mask... I don't know his magic yet. Being reckless here would be a bad idea."

"What are you mumbling about? Last words?" Minerva asks, taking her position behind Rufus.

"Maybe." Laxus replies. His eyebrow twitches, and a lightning bolt forms high in the sky, above Minerva. Instantly, it falls down at an intense speed.

Orga curses Laxus, and tries to jump towards that lightening bolt, which was in vain.

Minerva only noticed that lightning bolt when it was inches away from her face. But fear wasn't reflecting in her eyes. She smirked, and the bolt disappeared into thin air.

Laxus' eyes widen as he witnessed this. "That's some good magic you have for a sidekick."

The crowd, who totally didn't had the clue of what happened realized to whom Laxus was talking. It was Rufus.

Rufus takes off his hat and bows down. "A basic, yet powerful lightning magic. Memorized. And forget."

"Memorized... and forget?" Laxus asks. "Is that what you did?"

Rufus wears his hat again and says slowly, "Memory maker magic. It allows me to memorize all the spells I see, and make the user forget how to cast them. Unfortunately for you, Laxus-San, this is really a losing fight."

"That means... Laxus can't caste that awfully powerful lightning again?!" The crowd yells with joy. "SABERTOOTH, WIN THIS!"

Laxus glances at his side. The horde of people was far away from the area, feared of getting caught in. But they were shouting as if they were the ones fighting this battle.

He smiled and closed his eyes. "You made this guild's reputation a real piece of work, old man..."

But when he opened them, there was no one of those three in front of him. He got cautious, and jumped off the ground out of instinct. It was the right call. The ground collapsed, and lava erupted. He would have drowned in it, if he was late to react.

"Memory Make: Fist of Earth God." Rufus's voice reached Laxus' ears. He instantly jerks his head above. Minerva and Rufus were flying in the sky. Orga was still missing.

He couldn't think anything. There was not a second to waste. Several pillars rose from the ground, each embued with lava. They were thick, and fast. Laxus managed to evade few in the air, but their number increased suddenly and drastically.

It would be hurt pretty bad if they manage to connect.

Laxus raised his palm, to use his magic and clear the area for once. But nothing happened. The lightning bolt didn't drop like it always did. Then came the realization of what Rufus had said earlier.

The same trick won't work twice.

And with that, the pillars smashed into Laxus. Some of them bended, and dropped on him from the sky, squashing him in between the molten earth.

Rufus didn't want to take any chance. He kept his index and middle fingers of both hands on his temples, and chanted. "Memory Make: Raging flames of phoenix."