The Late Night Visitor

Chapter-34
When the party's over

°.°.The Late Night Visitor.°•.°

~•~

Lucy's birthday party carried on till late night. No one seemed tired or sleepy though. They played countless games of cards, talked about everything, including their close secrets.

It was really fun.

But every good thing must come to an end.

Lucy glanced at the clock. It was almost 3'o clock. She realized that they were the only ones yelling, celebrating this late while everyone in the neighborhood must be trying to sleep.

Too much for their plan of being anonymous and reserved.

Wendy, for the first time tried to crack a joke but her luck wasn't on her side. Lucy calmed everyone down by gesturing with her hands at that exact moment.

"Oops, almost forgot. We are here to hide, aren't we. Talking loudly at this late is just going to grab attention." Lucy whispers.

Erza shrugs. "Well, it's not like anyone knows that we are from Fairytail."

"But still. Better not catch anymore attention." Lucy says getting up from the floor. She switched off the lights, leaving only the dim luminous lamp on.

This kills the mood. Gray lies back, against one of the bed. Erza sighs and gets up. Wendy gets up too, but her feet were numb. She had a little struggle in standing up straight.

"This was fun." Happy mumbles crawling over to Carla. Carla nods in agreement, not showing any other attention to him.

Lucy smiles and presses her back against the wall, near the window. She looks at her friends, all satisfied with this party. Few seconds later, a pretty grin covers her face. "Thank you, everyone..."

"Everyone deserves atleast one special birthday." Wendy smiles at Lucy.

Lucy nods, slowly slipping her back down. "It was not just special..."

Happy says in between, "It was the best!"

Lucy looks at the ground and thinks of something. She mumbles something with a weak smile, and then covers her face with her hands, "So this is how having real friends feel like..."

"Huh? You said something Lucy-San?" Wendy asks. She was sure that she heard something, but couldn't understand it.

Lucy instantly raises her head and shakes it. "No. I didn't."

Wendy smiles and replies, "I see..."

Erza looks at the clock too. She sighs and folds her arms, "Alright. This is the time to sleep. Clean all the mess and-"

"WAIT!" Gray yells suddenly. Erza looks at him, surprised. "What?"

Gray bit his lip and said, hesitantly, "Something is bugging me for a while now."

"What is it? You should have said it early on." Lucy asks, while keeping all her gifts on her desk.

Gray glances at Ezra, Wendy, Carla and Happy. They all looked confused. With a sigh, he finally says, "Been wondering where Natsu's at?"

This came as a shock. They almost forgot about him...

Well most of them did. Lucy simply had a forced surprised look on her face.

Maybe she had him in her mind all this time.

"Natsu... he is late..." Erza mumbles, remembering how he promised to return today. The party is over too.