Without the mask

Where will you hide?

Can't find yourself

Lost in your lies

(Everybody's Fool-Evanescence)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aimlea's POV

I shivered as the memories of the woman, Poppy, filled my mind. Her cries amde me want to hold her ansd tell her it would be alright and the anger in her voice made me want to cower under a bed with my hands over my ears like a three year old scared of thunder. I shook away the thoughts and looked at the list in my hand.

The next name was another newborn. There was a group of them and I realised that it was a new disease in the maternity ward. I closed my eyes and the world around me spun, the scroll vanishing from my hand. 

 I pulled my hood up and made sure it hung over my face securely then looked at my surroundings. All I could hear were the high pitched wails of the babies followedby a sickly gurgling noise. I heard the door opening and instantly turned invisible.

I stood and watched from the sidelines as two doctors in radiation suits pulled an incubator with another wailing baby into the room before going out and locking the door with a vacuum sealed suck.

I walked over to the nearest child and absorbed it's soul quickly, drowning out the extremely high wails of pain. I continued this until I reached the last two names on my list. I looked up to see only one incubator infront of me. 

I raised a confused eyebrow and walked over to the clear box peering in. Inside there were two babies their hands fused together asif they were dancing. I placed both my hands on the box and absorbed the siamese twins souls together, fearing the wails that would come from one as it's sibling died.

After all the children had died and my list was complete I began to sing to myself a small lullaby that ahd appeared in my head.

Fa la ninna, Fa la Nanna

Nella braccia della mamma

Fa la ninna bel bambin

Fa la nanna bambin bel

Fa la ninna, fa la nanna

Nella braccia della mamma  (A/N This is an italian lullaby.)

I walked through the hospital, staying invisible like a shadow, running my hand along the white walls. I saw a few other reapers but that was expected in this place.I gave short nods but they just ignored me as if I was dirt. Wow, Gossip spreads between reapers like a bunch of teenage girls in a school.

"Hi. I'm here to visit Leah Hunter. The Name's Caison Kove, I'm her foster brother." I heard a voice in the distance and my head snapped up to the reception area where a receptionist sat talking to a boy, the boy was quite tall with deep brown har that flopped into his eyes slightly.

"Of course Mr.Kove. I must warn you her hallucinations have gotten alot worse." The nurse warned before handing him a sleep. I turned invisible and followed him, curious.

Caison's POV

I walked into the room and looked at the girl sitting cross legged on the hospital bed. She looked up at me with her large green eyes, her red hair bouncing. "Cai!" She squealed, jumping up from the bed. She ran towards me then stopped, jumped forward then continued until she was wrapped in my arms. "Hi Lilypad." I smiled, taking her hand and walking to the bed with her. Jumping over the invisible hurdle.