Reunion

The bright warmth of the Sun making its way through the translucent curtains of the bedroom causes me to stir awake. The warmth that wakes me, however, is nothing compared to the warmth I feel when I see the absolutely gorgeous sight on the bed next to me. The side of the blanket laid messily over Lisa's small frame rises and falls cyclically with her slow breaths. I take a moment to be mesmerised by how peacefully beautiful she looks, her ash blonde hair strewn over the pillow and some of her face, illuminated by another ray of Sun peeking in from the window.

Never taking my eyes off her, I stroke the loose strands of hair from her face to behind her ear. Despite her reputation as a heavy sleeper, the simple action seems to wake her; her sparkling eyes open slowly to meet mine. A warm smile creeps onto her face as my hand rests on her cheek.

"Morning," she says, strained, one of her arms reaching out from the blanket to stretch herself.

"Morning, gorgeous."

She grabs her phone from the bedside table on her side of the bed, before scooching herself over next to me under the blanket. Lowering the blanket to under my chest, she rests her head on my chest before switching her phone screen on. I plant a kiss on the top of her head, causing her to look up from her position and smile sweetly. I grab my own phone from my side of the bed, careful as to not disturb Lisa's position, and take it off Do Not Disturb.

"Hey, babe," she speaks up. "The members wanna have a reunion dinner. You know, since it's the 8th of August today. You wanna come?"

"Are you sure?" I question. "Isn't it a reunion for you guys?"

"Maybe, but Jennie-unnie and Jisoo-unnie haven't seen you for years. In fact, Jisoo-unnie was the one who told me to invite you. See?" She lifts her phone screen closer to my face, and from what appears to be a group chat for the ex-Blackpink members, she's right.

"Sure, if I'm not intruding then I'd love to."

"Great, I'll let them know," Lisa says, bringing her phone back down to her level and typing excitedly. "They said they wanna invite Haejoon and Daniel, too."

"How?" I ask.

"Jennie says she can contact Haejoon, and I have Daniel's number?"

"Wait, you have Daniel's number?"

"Yeah, that's what I just said," Lisa teases. "That night when I had to walk you home, Daniel gave me his number so I could let him know when you got back safe."

I cringe at the memory. "Don't remind me of that night."

"Why not?" she pouts. "It's the first time I ever told you I loved you."

"Reminds me though," I say. "Should I invite Taylor?"

Lisa freezes for a moment. Without saying anything, she types on her phone for a while more.

"I told them that you want to invite him, and that he came over last night to talk. They still seem hesitant, but they said okay, at least."

"I'm sorry," I admit. "I know it's supposed to be your reunion, and you guys don't like him."

"It's okay," she replies, looking up at me. She lifts a hand and places it on my cheek. "Like I said, you're doing the right thing. It's one of the reasons why I love you." She gives me a sweet smile before returning her attention to her phone.

After several minutes of her typing, she tells me that the venue they'd decided on is the same barbeque place where my supposed-to-be members and I had dinner with Blackpink all those years ago. I'm surprised they'd still be okay with that place, after the fiasco that happened there thanks to Taylor and I. Apparently Jisoo is friends with the owner of the place, so it's much easier to arrange, and to keep everything relatively low key.