Gone (L)

My members and I are busy as usual, this time practising the choreography for our next comeback. It's a tone down from the level of choreography from my solo, though, so it's a little easier on me.

Although I will say that it had been a good experience, the solo activities had been a little tiring. Plus, I'd hoped to have a little more say in everything I did in them if I really had to go through it, though that's just wishful thinking at this point. And then with the collab and trips to the US, it was all pretty hectic. I mean, I had to leave for L.A. to promote Money and meet up with Snake only a day after the Dispatch article had been released, which had also been the same day I'd confessed my feelings to Y/N.

"Alright, take a break," our dance instructor calls out to us as we wrap up the second chorus for the nth time.

Upon hearing this, my members let out sighs of relief around me. I rush over to where I'd left my phone and, with an excited smile plastered on my face, leave a text for a certain trainee like I normally do.

 I rush over to where I'd left my phone and, with an excited smile plastered on my face, leave a text for a certain trainee like I normally do

The smile on my face only grows as Y/N replies almost instantly and I playfully flirt with him as a form of teasing. In fact, it takes a little self control to not giggle like a high school kid in front of my members and our instructor.

"Yah, you two aren't even dating and yet you're head over heels for him," Jisoo teases in a low tone as she sits herself next to me on the dance studio floor.

"Unnie!" I whine in a barely restrained volume, pouting at her. Part of me actually wishes she was wrong, and that we were dating, but of course it's an occupational hazard that things like that would only lead to disaster. Not to mention it's a breach of contract.

"So, what is he up to?" Jisoo asks, more curious than teasing.

"Vocal training. You know, like how we used to do."

Jisoo shudders slightly. "I can still feel the strain on my throat from all those years of range training."

"What are you guys talking about?" Shin, our instructor calls out as she passes by us. I almost flinch, hoping she hadn't heard the beginning of the conversation.

"Nothing," Jisoo and I say in near unison.

Shrugging, Shin nods. "Break's over."

As Jisoo gets up, I look back to my phone screen dejectedly. Before I can tell Y/N that the break's over, he sends me another text.

 Before I can tell Y/N that the break's over, he sends me another text