Evaluation

Since I don't have any schedules for the next day until the afternoon, I decide to finish up the mix I'd been working on yesterday. I work on balancing the frequencies and dynamics of the tracks, as well as make sure that the tracks mix well together. Once I have a rough mix ready, I unplug my headphones and play the track through my little monitor speakers placed on either side of my laptop. As the rough mix is playing, I hear a knock on my bedroom door. My head spins around to see Daeyong open the door and enter my room.

"Oh, good morning, Daeyong," I greet from my chair. "I don't have any schedules today until later."

"I know that, Y/N." Daeyong nods. "I came in because I heard your mix playing from outside and I was curious."

"It's really not much." I shake my head. "Just something I started working on yesterday to clear my head."

"It's pretty good." He has a broad smile on his face. "You know, I know a few people who could help with music distribution, if you ever think of going independent."

"It's alright, Daeyong. That's what I'm here at YGE for." I just can't see why I'd need to go independent when I'm in one of the best companies in the industry. Plus, we're already confirmed a debut, so I'll probably debut as an idol in the near future. I can just share my music and mixes through the group's music. Right?

"Well, you should keep your options open, Y/N. That's my advice." Daeyong offers another smile before leaving my room.

As I turn my attention back to my laptop, my stomach lets out a low rumble, reminding me that I haven't eaten breakfast. I save the project for the time being, which takes a moment since I've made quite a few adjustments, and my laptop isn't exactly the best in terms of processing speed.

By the time I step outside my room, the dorm is silent. The other three must've already left with Daeyong to the YG building for their training sessions. Mine hadn't been scheduled for the same time as theirs though; mine is scheduled for 1 pm. Probably because Lisa has some solo schedule or something in the morning.

I head over to the kitchen to get myself some cereal. I open the fridge and the blank bright light hits me. The container in which we'd poured the cereal into is almost empty. No cereal, then. I scan the shelves, looking for any alternative. Eventually giving up, I close the fridge doors and settle for a couple of protein bars.

As I open the wrapper of the first protein bar, my phone vibrates on the table. I turn my gaze to it, part of me hoping that it might be Janet. We'd been essentially ignoring each other since the fight yesterday; I guess we're both worried about it flaring up again if we try talking. The name that flashes on the screen briefly - Rosie - gives me a weird mixture of disappointment and excitement. I walk over to the table and pick up my phone to read the text that Rosie had sent.

 I walk over to the table and pick up my phone to read the text that Rosie had sent

I don't know. Am I? I've been distracting myself since the argument, so I hadn't really given myself much time to think about it. Even when I'd gone to sleep last night, I'd played music from my phone to drown out the thoughts.