Dance Machine

We arrive at the front entrance of the YG building. The building itself is huge, and has a pretty futuristic design to it. It almost looks like a giant expensive toaster. I stifle a chuckle at the thought as Daeyong parks the car somewhere around the building, hidden from the front view. Taylor lets out a loud groan as he stretches in his backseat, and Daeyong switches the engine off and steps out of the car.

"I'm sorry but you'll all have to walk a little further." He opens the sliding door of the car. "Since it's your first time here, I'll need to bring you to sajangnim's office myself, so I can't just drop you all at the entrance."

A look of annoyance flashes across Taylor's face upon hearing this. I step out of the car, bowing towards Daeyong, who stands next to the door. Haejoon has already gotten out of the passenger side, and Taylor steps out of the car followed by Daniel.

Daeyong leads us back to the front entrance of the building. Around us, a large crowd is gathered with their phones out. I increase my pace slightly to match Daeyong's pace in front of us.

"Who are all these people?"

"Fans," he replies as if it's a daily occurence. "They come here every morning and every night to catch their idols entering and leaving the building."

I frown in thought. I can't imagine waiting outside a building in the hot sun, cold air, or even pouring rain, just to catch a few people entering a building. And what about the idols? That can't be comfortable, people following you and snapping photos of you when you just want to get to work. But I guess that's just the life that celebrities live.

Daeyong leads us into and through the building. Daniel and Haejoon look around the building in awe, while Taylor just walks along nonchalantly. The interior of the building looks just as modernesque as the exterior design. From the main area, multiple floors up can be seen from the ground floor. The walls are adorned with flights of stairs arranged in a way that vaguely reminds me of the staircases at Hogwarts in Harry Potter. Multiple rooms - conference rooms and what look like practice studios, can be seen on various levels, with glass walls that make them look almost like pet enclosures in a pet store.

We follow Daeyong up a few flights of stairs until we reach what seems to be the top floor. We walk along a relatively narrow hallway, seeing as we'd just passed an immensely wide open area on the ground floor. Along the hallway, multiple conference and meeting rooms can be seen, some having glass walls while others seem more closed off and secretive. We make a couple of turns before Daeyong stops in front of a large door at the end of the hallway. Adorned on the door is a shiny metal plate that say: 'Hwang Bokyung, Chief Executive Officer' in English and Korean. Daeyong knocks on the door gently and waits for a moment. A woman's voice can be heard, telling us to enter. Daeyong opens the door and ushers us into the room.

The room appears to be an office, with bookshelves lining the walls on either side of the room. The floor is carpeted with an expensive maroon, and the wall facing away from us contains an expansive window, providing a view overlooking the city of Seoul. In front of the window is a wide office desk with a computer monitor, and multiple files and stacks of paper scattered orderly on it. Right at the forefront of the desk surface is a name plaque with the same words as the plate on the door: Hwang Bokyung, Chief Executive Officer. Sitting at the desk in a large black leather office chair is a middle-aged woman with brown hair, wearing glasses and a black suit over a maroon button-up collar shirt.

"Good morning, sajangnim. These are the new trainees you'd wanted to meet," Daeyong greets from next to the doorway, bowing. Hwang waves a hand at him, her head resting on her other hand, seemingly uninterested.

"You four, introduce yourselves," Hwang orders in a blank tone.

Haejoon clears his throat quietly as bows, taking the lead to introduce himself first, though I'm not sure if it's to make it easier for us to continue after him, or because he's too antsy about it. "Hello sajangnim, I'm Lee Haejoon."