Article

The car is mostly silent save for the rumble of the engine, as the four of us, driven by Daeyong, make our way to the YG building like any other Monday. For the most part, it's been an uneventful day thus far. Although Daniel did get into a debate with Haejoon back at the dorm over whether sandwiches should be eaten with or without the crust. Since the first time I'd made sandwiches for everyone last week, it's become a semi-regular routine before we head to training. Though the debate was pretty much one-sided, with Daniel trying to convince Haejoon that the crust shouldn't even be a part of the bread, so it shouldn't be eaten.

My head rests on the window as the low rumble of the car vibrates against it. As I scroll through my Instagram feed, I come across my mom's recent post. Right, it's their anniversary today. I'd tried to keep them, mostly my dad, out of my mind ever since that call from exactly a week ago. Though I still haven't been able to recall much of that day, especially towards the night, sadly my blackout hadn't been enough to forget the sting that had come with those words. However, the two sentences which seem to be my last memory of that night still echo in my head and dilute the feeling a little. It still puzzles me how I can remember what they said, but not the voice, or when it was said; details that would probably lead me right to who had said it. Though I do have my suspicions...

"Y/N," Daeyong calls out from the driver's seat. His tone seems neutral, but with an undertone of something resembling disappointment. "Sajangnim wants to see you."

"Really? Why?" I get no reply as silence fills the car. Not even the usual smug scoff that Taylor would give in this kind of situation comes. In fact, we've barely had any form of interaction since that night, aside from the occasional nod I give him when we bump into each other in the dorm kitchen.

I nearly jump as Haejoon exclaims something unintelligible from the seat next to mine. It's a miracle Daeyong hadn't reacted to it the same way I did, since he's driving and all. Haejoon doesn't say a word, but turns his phone which he'd been scrolling to show me what looks like an article. My stomach drops when my eyes register the headline.

(BREAKING) Dispatch Reveals BLACKPINK's Lisa and Y/N Jackson of YG NEW BOY GROUP Are Dating

~~~

As Daeyong leads me to Hwang's office, I can't help but feel the pit of anxiety rise and build up even more in me with every step. As we turn the last corner before the office, Lisa stands outside the office, presumably called by Hwang as well. Her head bowed, causing her newly-dyed pink hair to fall over her face, she doesn't even notice when we turn the corner.

"Lisa," I call out as I increase my pace towards her. She finally looks up towards my direction in response to my voice. "Did you see the article?"

Lisa nods in response. Now that I'm this close to her I can see the tears building up slowly in her eyes as she struggles to fight them back. Before I can say a word, however, the doors to the office swing open, and a formally-dressed woman in a ponytail who I assume to be Hwang's personal assistant nods at me. I take another look at Lisa, who's now trying to force a smile in my presence, and get the message, following the woman into Hell's gates.

I've been in this luxurious yet musty office on multiple occasions before, mostly in the beginning of my training, but this time a tense air fills the room, somehow much tenser than the time I'd been berated in front of my then-new roommates and Blackpink. Sat at the desk in front of where I stand as usual is a familiar stony-faced woman. Her piercing eyes meet mine as she shoots me a look of disdain as she holds a stack of papers in her hands..

"Jackson, I'm sure by now you've caught wind of the... rumours." She pauses mid-sentence to eye me intensely.

"Yes, sajangnim." I nod. Better not try anything funny. This doesn't seem like it'll end well. How do I explain the photos?