Friend

I open my eyes and immediately become aware of a splitting headache in both my temples. I cringe at the sensation and raise both my hands to the sides of my head and massage them with the balls of my thumbs. As I sigh deeply at my incredible start to the day, the events of yesterday rush back into my memory and I suddenly become aware of a stinging and sticky sensation in my eyes. I rub my eyes, which seems to make the headache worse, and gradually get up from my bed. I check the time on my alarm clock - it's 7 am. I don't remember what time I slept last night, but I think it was too much sleep that caused the torment in my skull.

I make my way towards the attached bathroom in my bedroom, ignoring my phone on the bedside table since using it would probably only amplify my headache. As I begin to brush my teeth at the sink, I face myself in the bathroom mirror and notice how horrible I look. My eyes are reddish, and the area of my face surrounding them seems to be slightly puffy. That's what I get for crying myself to sleep last night. After rinsing my mouth of toothpaste, I toss my clothes from last night into a pile on the bathroom floor and drag myself into the shower. As the warm water rushes down me, my mind is plagued with the thoughts I'd tried and failed to fight back yesterday. A familiar clench in my chest as the shower washes away the fresh tears from my face.

Finally calming myself again, I step out of the shower and dry myself off, inhaling deeply to calm the sobs. Wrapping the towel around myself, I step out into my bedroom and pick up my phone from the bedside table, my headache having been tamed slightly by the warm shower in the morning. As the screen turns on, I scroll through my notifications and see that way more people had sent me texts last night than I'd expected.

 As the screen turns on, I scroll through my notifications and see that way more people had sent me texts last night than I'd expected

I toss my phone onto the bed. I'll get to replying to them later; I barely have the motivation to right now. The most recent notifications did pique my interest, though. Why was Lisa inviting me over to her place when we should be training? Not that I'd have even half the energy I'd need to perform well in practice. Maybe that's the reason why?

Shaking the questions from my head, I head over to my closet and grab my clothes for the day. I practically have no schedules today at all; my training session with Lisa was supposed to be the only one I had for today. I put on a simple white band logo T-shirt, skinny jeans and my favourite grey jean jacket. Coincidentally the same jacket I was wearing when I'd first met Janet in university, but I guess that's irrelevant. Lazily checking myself in the mirror, I head outside to the main area of the dorm. As I step out from the confines of my room, I'm immediately faced with the person I'd wanted to meet the least.

"Oh ho ho, and where is little Sleeping Bitchface headed off dressed like that?" Taylor mocks in my face. It still baffles me how he'd gone back to his usual self, after we'd been making progress to get along as a group recently. Then again, I'm not really that surprised. He's leaning against the armrest of the couch in front of the entrances to our rooms with his arms crossed, a smirk plastered on his face. His attire is similar to how we always dress for practice or training; simple comfortable T-shirt and loose track bottoms.