Book 1: Water | 29 | Are You Stupid?

Art Drawn By Me. This drawing was something I did a while ago. This was my first try at a genderbent Ayaan, honestly? Not bad for a first try. I like how I did her hair. I may do more, as this was pretty fun to try. And yes, our boy is still a tree even in female form.

Now for the note. I am extremely sorry that this update is so late. A lot has been happening left and right. The moment I think I'm okay to write again, something happens. Literally. just yesterday, I was so sick I could barely walk!

I want to say that hopefully, everything is relatively normal again... but I feel like I'd just be jinxing myself.

I... I am so very sorry. I wanted this story to update normally. It's so close to me and I've come so far with it. But with the way things are now, my update schedule will be absolutely weird.

I am begging you. Please don't ask me to update faster. While I am thrilled that there are people so eager to read my story... I just can't right now. For that, I could not apologize more.

With Many Apologies,

-Jenna.

When Ayaan gets back to the camp, Katara and Sokka weren't even surprised to see him carrying Aang around like a potato sack. They had the exact same treatment, and Ayaan was all about equality.

All three of them sat by the warm fire, waiting for Ayaan's orders. The older boy took a breath before speaking, "First, we bathe. Then we shall start on dinner for the night. While that is happening, I will tell you the results of each of your tests."

All of their eyes sparkled, and immediately they made their way to the river. With all of their traveling, they hadn't really had time to properly bathe themselves. The water wasn't warm, but it was still refreshing to be cleaned of all of their collected musk and grime.

After cleaning themselves off, Ayaan went into detail about their tests. He bluntly told them where they needed to improve while praising the things they did right. Overall, they were left burning with the determination to do better next time.

"Ayaan Bro," Sokka called, rolling his shoulder to try and work out the soreness, "You do this type of training all the time? How do you deal with the aching?!"

"Yeah... I'm sore everywhere. Even my arrow is sore!"

Ayaan didn't answer them right away. His eyes seemed to become distant for a moment before he said anything, "...I'm used to it." Was all he said.

All three of them had a sinking feeling in their gut that they couldn't quite place when he said those words. Was it because he'd been doing this training for a while? Yeah, that had to be it, right?

Right?

"You will be continuing this training from now on. One day of break only. So, you should rest while you can."

At this, all three of them actually started crying, "Nooo!"

Their cries were ignored, as Ayaan went to give Appa and Momo their daily dose of love and affection. Especially Appa, who had missed him while they were in Omashu.

That night, as like every other night, he went to sleep immersed in Appa's warm fluff.

...

..

.

It had been a few weeks since their grueling training had started, and they were finally beginning to get used to it. In the mornings they worked on strength, stamina, and sparred, while later in the day they attempted to hunt using the many tips that Ayaan would give them. Each of them had an area they excelled in and failed in.