Book 1: Water | 18 | Warriors of Kyoshi III

Art drawn by me. Kyoshi Ayaan Supremacy!

'HOW CAN HE STILL BE A FRIGGEN DREAM BOAT IN A DRESS?!'

Suki was the first to get over her surprise enough to answer the boy, who was currently straightening the head piece. "No, everything is on correctly, Ayaan. It actually looks pretty good on you." Suki said, nodding with approval.

Unlike Sokka, who had his reservations about wearing the dress-like garb, Ayaan didn't seem to mind it all that much. "Thank you." He replied. He went on to examine the garb, testing his movements.

While the fabric was strong, it was lighter than he thought it would be. While the top part did feel a bit tight because it was slightly too small, the rest was pretty easy to move around in. He took out the two fans he was given, the staple weapon of the Kyoshi Warriors. He found it a bit odd to be a weapon, but he'd seen it in action when he and the Kyoshi Warriors first met.

He opened the fans with a simple flick of his wrists. They were heavier than they looked, but were balanced and easy to maneuver through the air. After testing his movements with the garb and fans, he closed them again. He didn't take notice of the girls still staring at him, he didn't care about it.

'This is not bad.' He was more concentrated on feeling out the dress.

He continued doing his own thing, going over to gather his spear and try out his usual movements while wearing the Kyoshi's garb. Sokka just watched his brother in stressed out silence, as his obliviousness had hit once again.

'I would be so self conscious with all of them staring at me like that. How does he do it?'

The pale make-up meshed well with his lighter skin, the natural color of his hair going well with the head piece. His head piece was a bit different from Sokka's, it seemed a bit more elaborate. The golds and greens clashed well on him. The red and black of the war paint brought out his blue eyes a bit more.

And then there was the dress itself.

Ayaan had more shape than Sokka; he had broader shoulders, a bigger chest. That contrasted well with his smaller waistline, and these proportions looked very good with the warrior dress on. Ayaan had indeed made a dress look damn good on a man, and he did not care in the slightest.

To him, it was just clothes. He had no reason to be ashamed of being a man in a dress, nor did he even care about such things. He didn't care that he looked good in the dress, he cared about the dress functioning, which surprisingly, it did. So, that was what he concentrated on.

Everyone else, however, wasn't. No, couldn't would be a better word.

"How does he look better than me...?" One of the warrior's said, touching her face with a look of bewilderment. She didn't have any confidence issues, but she couldn't deny what she was seeing. A random, foreign warrior male waltzes into their dojo, wears their garb, and wears it better than she does. It was baffling.

Don't even get her started on their member who had a slight crush on the boy. She was currently dying, internally, in the corner of the room. She was trying her best to be professional. Really, she was.

But, her trying to contain her admiration just made her look constipated. Thus, internally dying it became.

"Girl, don't question it. It'll make your head hurt. Just admire it." Her fellow warrior said, patting her back as a signal to get back to their training. This warrior was more relaxed than the others, way more honest with her feelings. "The boys look good. Despite our reservations, we can't really deny that fact. Especially for the big one."