Book 1: Water | 22 | The Crazy King I

Well, this was familiar, and not in a very good way. While their hands weren't tied and bags weren't over their heads, the Gaang being arrested was being paraded in the streets for everyone to see. At this, Ayaan's scowl deepened greatly. He had not wanted excess people knowing about Aang for obvious reasons. With this, rumors would soon spread about him being here.

This truly was Kyoshi Island all over again. But this time it was caused by complete stupidity and children who seemed to have no sense of danger.

Or just no sense in general. Right now, Ayaan wasn't sure which one was more true.

Walking through the market-like plaza to get to the palace, Ayaan saw many of the shops he'd visited throughout the day. Hearing the murmurs, their staff came out to see what all of the commotions was about. When they saw Ayaan their eyes widened in confusion.

'Why is such a kind young man being arrested?'

Ayaan, Sokka, Katara, and Aang were being escorted by a sentry guard group. There were five in total with an older-looking man as their leader. All wearing the same attire as the sentry they had met at the gate, but one could tell by the certain ornaments they wore what rank they were.

The older one had more, obviously because he was more experienced. Although he had a stern expression, his eyes were kind and his tone of voice was gentle. The other three weren't as old but seemed to have an unyielding amount of respect for this senior.

But that was just four of the five guards.

"Lord Ayaan...? What is going on?" Shiko came out of the inn, along with her co-workers, staring in shock as they were shoved along.

'Lord?' He thought in confusion. Why were they calling him that?

'LORD?!' The trio's jaws dropped. What had they missed while they were on that death coaster?!

Ayaan, not noticing their reactions, decided not to ask in lieu of trying to ease her worry. "It is alright, Miss Shiko," He said calmly. "Hopefully, this mess will be cleared up soo—Ugh!" He was shoved along with his family, harshly, cutting off his sentence.

"Keep moving!" And then there was the youngest looking of the group. There always has to be one bad apple in the bunch. He was constantly shoving them forward, spitting insults at them. Ayaan could manage that type of treatment towards him, but the moment he tried to go for his family (Aang is included whenever he says this) he almost lopped his hands off.

He only caught himself when the elder of the group chastised his violent behavior, giving them an apology for his outlandish rudeness. With the convincing of his family, Ayaan calmed himself and they resumed walking. Though Ayaan and the younger guard continued to glare at each other.

This scene angered the inn-keeper greatly. Who was this guard to treat this kind young lord like that?! He hadn't done anything but protect his kin from what she'd seen. The same thoughts were going through the other shop-owners on the street who had interacted with the kind boy.

They weren't sure about the other three, they had not met them at all. And the few that recognized them were the ones whose houses they'd wrecked in their little escapade. So yeah, not the best first impression.

They weren't the only ones upset. The senior officer was too, at his junior. What was with this poor and unprofessional conduct?! He's making them look like the bad guys here, and clearly, the one he's aiming all of his misdeeds is the most loved citizen on this street right now. By the protest they were getting alone, the senior could roughly guess what had happened did not involve the young man.