chapter 28

"I have something to tell you."

"Louis what are you doing outside barefoot and without a jacket on. You're gonna catch a cold." Harry removes his coat and wraps it around Louis.

"And about Jennifer." Harry starts, his voice sounding guilty. "They were just pulling my leg. I swear I didn't go on a date with her, let alone sleep with her. It's cold tonight and the file was at her house and I know I didn't think in my head how it would've played and how someone could get the wrong impression and-"

"Shut up and kiss me already." Louis says locking his lips with Harry's. Harry's caught off guard but it doesn't take him much time to kiss Louis back. Until now, Louis didn't realise how perfectly their lips fit each other's, like pieces of a puzzle. Louis stands on his tip toes, smiling into the kiss. His heart flutters in his chest . He's never felt so much in love before.

It maybe cliche but it feels like the time just stopped even though they could both feel a warm and fuzzy feeling growing in their hearts. Everything feels so right; Louis' arms around Harry and Harry's hand resting on his lower back.

A distant sound of music playing startles them. They turn their heads to see Niall holding a speaker out of Louis' window, blasting careless whisper. "Niall that little-" Harry grins before claiming Louis' lips again. The kiss couldn't have been more perfect. It was simply magical.

They pull away when the need for air grows stronger and rest their foreheads against each other, breathing heavily through their noses. Harry stares deeply into Louis' eyes and he couldn't be more happy. Louis' cheeks are flushed and he can't stop fonding over how perfect Harry is.

"God I love you so much." Harry smiles and kisses Louis again. He seriously can't get enough of him.

"I'm sorry I made you wait." Louis says chuckling.

"I've finally got you. That's all that matters." Harry smiles, his dimples prominent. He thinks his face is gonna tear apart with how huge he is smiling. Harry would've waited for Louis for eternity if he had to because he knew they would find their way to each other.

They stay in each other's embrace for a little while longer until Louis' feet go numb and he has to get back to the house if he doesn't want to freeze to death.

"I better go I guess." Louis chuckles.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Harry kisses him goodbye and Louis runs back to the house with Harry's coat still wrapped around him. 

He jogs straight back to his room where Niall is, ignoring the looks Liam and Zayn give him. Liam's look is mostly of confusion but Zayn's much more knowing.

"How did it go?" Niall smirks at him looking at Louis' swollen lips and the light tint on his nose.

"Careless whisper?" Louis throws a random shirt at Niall, unable to contain his smile.

"Mate, you've got crinkles by your eyes and we know that happens only when you're really happy or in love for that matter." Niall says. He has never seen Louis this happy since his mum passed away. 

"It was.." Louis pauses for just a second. "Amazing."  He sighs, falling on his back on the bed.

"I need the details Louis William." Niall demands and so Louis describes how it was the best kiss he has ever had in his entire life and how grateful he feels for Harry to be his.

The next hour is spent with the two of them talking about Harry. Well, to be more clear, Louis fantasising about Harry and how perfect he is and how he loves every single thing about him and Niall just nodding along.