chapter 16

"Look who's finally decided show their unpleasant face again." Is the first thing Louis hears when he enters the school.

"Fuck off Jason." Niall flips him off.

"What? Did he lose his ability to speak in the accident too that you have to speak for him now?"

"Shut the fuck up. You don't get to say anything. Don't you have a class to go to." Niall says annoyed guiding Louis towards the lockers.

"I hope you realise that everyone in the school knows that you're a fucking murderer." Jason says pointing at Louis.

"And I hope you're aware of the fact that you're the biggest jerk on this planet. Now piss off." Niall raises his voice.

Louis doesn't say anything and keeps his head down. He's not going to have a breakdown this early in the morning.

"Louis don't listen to what that asshole says." Niall tells Louis.

They reach their respective lockers and Louis takes out the required books for the first period. The bell rings and the corridor begins to empty out as students rush to get to their classes.

Louis, along with Niall makes his way to the classroom. As soon as he enters the class, all heads turn around him. It makes him feel uncomfortable to say the least to attract this much amount of attention towards him. He goes to sit at the back of the class with Niall.

The class goes on as normal, though Louis cannot focus on what the teacher is teaching.

"Did you hear that Louis' mom died?" He hears someone whisper to their friend.

"Yeah, I heard Jason say that Louis was the reason for his mother's death." The other one says.

"And the audacity he has to come back to school." Another person replies.

"We didn't know what happened so it's better to keep our mouth shut about it rather than saying something that is very likely to be false." He hears someone say and turns his head towards the voice.

He must be new, Louis wonders and mouths a thankyou to him. The boy returns the smile and goes back to his books.

The rest of the period is a blur. Louis is busy figuring out who the new boy in class is and he doesn't even realise it when the bell rings. Students practically jump from their seats and leave the classroom. Louis gathers his books and is about to leave the class when the teacher calls after him.

"Louis? Can I talk to you for a second?"

Louis turns around and hesitates before making his way towards the teacher. "Um, yeah sure. What is it?"

"I heard about your mum and I'm really sorry. It must be hard for you and I can only imagine the pain you're in."

Louis doesn't know how to respond and simply nods his head.

"Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. I'll be really glad."

"Thanks for the uhh concern Mr. Jacob. I appreciate it." Louis gives him a small smile.

Mr. Jacob smiles back. "Off you go then. See you tomorrow."

Louis adjusts the strap of his backpack and with a quick bye leaves the classroom. On his way to the lockers, he bumps into someone and drops his books. Louis gets down to collect them and so does the other person.

"Shit, I'm so sorry." The person says, handing Louis his books.

Louis looks up and sees a familiar face.

"No problem." He shakes his head and extends his hand forward to meet the boy's hand.

"I'm Louis. Thankyou for backing me in the classroom." Louis shakes his hand. He looks at him, expecting the boy to say something.