chapter 9

"I'll come later then." Ethan tells Liam after walking into the room. Liam had explained him about Louis' panic attack and Ethan thought it'll be best for him to come after a few hours, when things have cooled down a bit.

"I appreciate that." Liam tells him.

"Liam I know it's hard, but try to get him to eat something. I have to run some tests and it's important for him to have something in his system. But if he refuses, then don't push it. I'll have the nutrients given to him through the IV. But it'll be better if he physically eats something." Ethan explains.

"I'll try, but I can't promise anything." Liam sighs.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine." Ethan tells him, giving Liam a pat on the back before leaving  the room.

"I brought coffee." Zayn enters, handing Liam one cup.

"Thanks a lot." Liam tells him, giving him a light kiss.

"Where's Harry?" Zayn asks.

"He went out for a walk." Liam says.

"Oh alright." Zayn sips on his coffee. He contemplates if he should talk to Liam about Harry and Louis' fondness towards each other because it's kind of obvious to Zayn that they have a thing for each other.

"Um Liam?"

"Yeah?" Liam asks.

"I was wondering if you think that maybe..." Zayn starts, moving his hands around a lot.

"Go ahead, I'm listening." Liam encourages.

"That maybe umm.. Harry and-"

"Hey guys what's up?"

"Oh Niall, hey." Zayn greets Niall.

"Is everything okay?" Niall asks looking between Liam and Zayn.

"Yeah." Zayn nods.

"Oh alright, mind if I show this to Louis?" Niall exclaims holding up a picture of Jason with his pants down, clearly able to contain his excitement.

"Oh um, is that uhh Jason?" Liam asks shaking his head.

"Yeah! Yesterday, I forgot my duffle bag in the locker room and when I came to get it, I saw Jason changing, not in a creepy way though." Niall says, looking between the two of them before continuing, "And his boxers had lip prints all over it and for a second I thought they were real lipstick marks before realising it was just a print and I thought it was hilarious so I took a sneaky picture and he didn't even know it!" He finally finishes.

"Wow." Zayn says.

"That's hilarious Ni, but I think Louis' still asleep." Liam tells him.

"Not a problem, I'll probably just chill around and then when he wakes up, I'm showing him this picture."

"That's cool but I think you should hold onto that for a while. You see um, a few hours ago we finally broke him the news about mum and he's shaken up. So I think it's probably not a good time for you know um.." Liam tries to put it in the gentlest way possible.

"Oh that must've been hard. I understand. But I can still hang around right?" Niall asks.

"Yes of course! Is it even a question!?" Liam tells him. He's so grateful Niall understood.

"I'll get myself some water. You guys want anything?" Niall asks.

"No thanks." Liam says.

"That picture was not hilarious." Zayn whispers to Liam when Niall leaves the room.