chapter 8

Harry is woken up by someone flashing a light in his face.

"Uggh." He groans and feels a weight on him and then realises he's still with Louis in his arms.

"You two are so cute." Zayn whispers. Liam is still fast asleep on the sofa.

"When did you get here?" Harry asks, his voice groggy with sleep.

"About a few minutes ago. I saw you two sleeping and it was too good of an opportunity to be missed. I'll send you the photo later." Zayn winks.

Harry shakes his head. Louis then stirs a little in his sleep and flutters his eyes open. He feels so warm and protected. He doesn't even realise a small smile forming on his face, until Zayn whips out his phone again and takes a picture of the two.

"Zayn, could you not?" Harry asks him.

"You got that." Zayn says smiling.

"Hey, good morning Lou. How was your night?" Harry asks Louis.

"Good. The pillow was so cosy." Louis says groggily, snuggling in Harry's embrace and that's when he realises that that pillow is Harry.

"Oh, um I'm sorry, I uhh." Louis tries, his voice still hurts but it's better that it was yesterday.

"No, it's okay. Seems like you were having a bad dream last night." Harry brushes it off.

"Good morning folks." Ethan walks in the room.

"Good morning." Harry and Zayn say in unison.

"Morning." Louis whispers out.

"Did you get a good sleep last night?" Ethan asks Louis gently.

"Yeah." Louis replies, letting out a yawn.

"That's good to hear. Alright bud I'll have to run some tests on you but before that, it's good if you eat something." Ethan tells him.

He looks at Harry then, "If you mind?"

"Oh um no, not at all." Harry says to which Ethan chuckles. He gets out of bed and stretches, his shirt riding up a bit. Louis can see the fern tattoos and he might or might not have stared at them for a bit too long than he should've, but that's for him to know.

"All done." Ethan smiles.

"What?" Louis asks completely clueless. He rubs his eyes to rid the sleep and boy does he look adorable, Harry thinks.

"I changed your drip and you didn't even a feel a thing. You're one brave kid." Ethan exclaims, ruffling Louis' hair a bit. Louis' face goes red when he realises that probably everyone in the room would've noticed him staring shamelessly at Harry. But fortunately no one did, atleast that's what he thinks. But Zayn did which is only for him to know.

"What time of the year is it?" Liam asks sitting up on the couch.

"Good morning Li." Zayn greets him.

"Babe? When did you get here?"

"This morning." Zayn tells him. "And I brought us some food!"

The thought of food just makes Louis want to throw up.

"That's awesome. But unfortunately, Louis will have to eat the food we make here." Ethan says.

"Oh it's nothing really. Just some pb&j sandwiches I made. I was kinda in a hurry this morning." Zayn explains.

"I suppose that's good. Louis can eat that instead of the boring hospital food, because trust me I tried it once and it's horrible." Ethan tells them lightening the mood to which they all chuckle.