chapter 6

Harry calls Zayn to tell him that Louis is out of danger.

"Thank fuck." He hears Liam sigh a breath of relief.

"Any update on Jay?" Harry asks.

"Not yet." Zayn replies.

"Don't worry. I'm sure she's gonna be fine." Harry tries assuring Liam.

"We'll call you if we get any updates. Stay with Louis." Liam tells Harry, his voice a mix of worry, fear and exhaustion.

"Sure. Of course." Harry says going to hang up the call.

"Harry man thankyou so much for being here. It means a lot." Liam says.

"You sound so stupid right now. Don't be silly. You know I love you." Harry tells him trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah whatever, love you too." Liam says earning a fake gasp from Zayn.

"Okay then. Call me if anything happens."

"Sure. Bye." Zayn and Liam both say in unison and hang up.

"Liam!" They hear a thick Irish accent call behind them.

"Niall is that you?" Liam asks.

"Yeah I heard about the accident. It's all over the radio. Are Louis and Jay okay?" Niall asks, worry evident in his voice.

"Louis is out of danger. You can meet him, he's on the floor above, in the emergency ward." Liam tells Niall, leaving Jay's part.

"Oh okay. Thankyou so much. I know it must be very hard. Just tell me if you need anything and I'll do whatever I can to help." Niall tells them sincerely.

"That's very kind of you Niall." Liam smiles warmly. Niall then takes flight to  where Louis is.

"That's Louis' friend right?" Zayn asks Liam once Niall is gone.

"Yeah, he is basically family." Liam smiles the slightest bit.

Zayn is about to say something when Ethan comes out of the room, an unreadable expression plastered on his face.

"Ethan how did it go? How's mum? Please tell me she's okay." Liam says as soon as Ethan's eyes lock with his.

"Li I...." Ethan cuts himself.

"What? You're starting to freak me out. Ethan how is she? How is my mum?" Liam repeats. His thoughts are all over the place and he's sure his heart's gonna beat out of his chest any second now.

Ethan composes himself and takes a deep breath, "Liam we... I'm sorry. We couldn't save her. Jay's gone."

As Liam tries to process what Ethan just said, there's a long pause.

"What the fuck do you mean she's gone!? Ethan please tell me you're joking. You're joking right? She can't just be gone." Liam says, trying to make himself believe that Jay's still here.

"Liam babe, I think you need to sit down for a bit." Zayn tries.

"Zayn please tell me it's not true. This can't be true. Please tell me it's a nightmare, please be a fucking nightmare!" Liam says to Zayn, trying really hard not to have a breakdown.

"I'm so sorry. She lost a lot of blood due to internal bleeding and several other wounds and developed an infection. I tried. I really did." Ethan tells them with glazed eyes.

"I'm sure you did everything you could in your power." Zayn says trying to comfort them.

"I can't. I-" Liam sobs. He can feel the pain tearing his heart apart slowly, it's like someone is slowly twisting a knife through him. He doesn't want to accept the fact that Jay's really gone. She can't be.