CHAPTER 30

"So you haven't seen him in two days?" I don't even want to see him. Leave. That's what he said.

Daksh is in video call and the phone is placed back on the mirror facing us, so that I and Hera are both visible to ourselves in the mirror as well as to Daksh in the selfie cam.

I'm not sad or anything of him not approaching me after what happened at the court. It's just- I feel like I deserve some explanation as to what happened that day. I don't know anymore. At the end of a day spent with him, I'm always left stranded and hanging. All the fun I had that day will evaporate away leaving only the details about him in my mind. And those aren't good ones either. I forget about the exhilarating feeling of playing again, of having the ball in my hands, the exhaustion and delight of running around the court. And all I end up remembering is the fight, the leave part, and many other small stuff that keeps getting to me. If he had little respect for me, he would have come to me.

"I have. It looks like he's avoiding her." Hera said applying a shiny red coat over her lips looking at the mirror, making a pouty gesture.

She applies the same amount over mine with a shade of coral date matte. I shift back in my seat at the impact in disgust. The matte smells good though.

"Nooo." I hear Ryan, Neil and Aaron, the soccer boyfriend of Ridha, scream together from the living room.

The boys brought some video games to play in the Tv while we were busy dressing up. They say it takes hours for us to finish so as well use this time for entertainment.

"Nah huh, that's a lot of color on her lips, Hera."

Daksh complained, looking at her with the same disgust on his face. We have the same taste in makeup. Hera scoffed at him before handing over a tissue to me. I take it and start wiping off the extra color to make it more mild and blending with my skin.

"Where's the Krish guy? I would like to meet him." He asked, when I turned around to the other side in the swivel chair to throw the tissue in trash.

"He's not here. He said he'll meet us at the temple. I can video call you from there-"

"No, no. I'm heading out to work soon." I nodded.

"I'll send pics." I say smiling at him.

"Like those Hera sent me before?"

My smiling face shrivelled with embarrassment. Hera laughed.

"How come you don't want to meet Shaurya, Daksh." Hera asked curiously.

'I don't think it'll go smoothly. Since he's-"

"He's?" Hera asked to completely obtain his idea of Shaurya.

I looked at him daringly.

"Everything that Tara says." He nodded in agreement to the answer he came up with.

"And what did she tell you?"

"Those are secrets between friends." He said winking at me.

I put on some golden bangles with colorful extensions of small threaded balls.

"I'm going home next month. I took leave for a month, so I'll be back after Christmas."

"Really?" Mine as well as Hera's excited voice slowed down into a one of regret.

"Come on you guys, five months away and you are already depressed?"

That's so straight forward, you idiot.

"While coming back, I'll land at Berkeley, stay with you for a couple days before going back to Auckland. How about that?"

"Really?" Our slow voices returned to one with full of life.