CHAPTER 25

"Why are you quiet?"

Daksh is not giving a pleasant vibe after listening to the narration from me. His eyes are fixated on something out of the zone of the selfie cam, his mind totally somewhere else. Slowly, he focused back into position, his ears turning red and his eyes giving explanations for that change in color.  He's not happy. Maybe I shouldn't have told him about this-

"Why didn't you tell me this yesterday?" He barked like an animal, his knuckles turning white with aggression. 

For a minute, I am frightened at his shift in calmness. All the while until now, he patiently listened to what I told him, my views, the atmosphere around me yesterday, how people reacted to this, how I missed everyone, how much it hurt me emotionally, a few of my tearful sniffs that formed while thinking about it, my comeback today, the paining wound, and finally how I ended up visiting a temple and accidentally met a brand new friend.

It takes a lot amount of seriousness for the situation to make Daksh lose his cool. This is exactly that kind of situation. I made the best decision by choosing not to call anyone yesterday. I couldn't handle myself, yet someone else's and it would have been worse if it were Daksh.

"Exactly for this reason. Why are you getting so-"

"Why am I getting angry? That bastard-" 

His eyes are covered in rage. A few more sentences and I can bring him back to his calm self.

"Hey, hey" I called him back softly from the depth of anger. "It's okay now. I'm okay. It's over."

"Still. I'll come and kill that-" 

"Stop, Daksh. Don't do this to me. I need your solace, not the angry and difficult-to-control you."

He opened his bedside water bottle with one hand and took a sip from it. Now, he's calm.

"Are you telling your parents?"

"No way. They won't let me spend another hour here." He nodded.

"I can't believe this."

"I know." I manage to say. He hates to see me worried or hurt. It would have been really difficult if he saw me crying. 

"What are you going to do? It's not like you'll be able to avoid him."

Thinking about that, it's definitely impossible to avoid him. So the better option is to ignore him each time I come across him. No avoiding or hiding. Ignore.

"I'll deal with him smoothly. Don't worry." I assure him.

"You always make me worry. How come you have so much drama going on? Look at me, same old, same old."

I chuckle at his same old, same old. It is true that he feels exactly like the same old friend of mine, both physically and emotionally. 

"Believe me, you don't want any of this in your life."

He shook his head disapprovingly.

"Well, go out and meet people. You're always working and when you're not, you're talking to me. I can't give you any drama other than some of mine from this far away."

"Hey, don't accuse me of clinging to you."

"I like you clinging to me. But I can't deliver you any drama. But girlfriends can."

I say making my point clear. He's becoming too lonely there after starting work. I used to be the one clinging to him when he was doing his Master's there. He was always busy being happy and having fun with his mates

"How's Sean by the way?"

Sean is his bestfriend from college during his abroad study. They still spend time together whenever they can. Bros for life.