CHAPTER 19

Hera and Ryan are busy arranging for the second game. 

I pulled Shaurya out of the crowd into the hallway to discuss our strategy.

"Why are you taking it this seriously?"

He's smiling at my immature act. No, not immature. Desperate.

"I take everything very seriously. And I don't have a Tesla which I can sell and pay the debt."

"Ouch, that hurts."

"I meant it as a compliment."

He nodded gently. I remember an hour ago I was mad at him. Now, his presence is melting me. Is this what is called- going insane? 

"Well, what is the ultimate strategy?"

"Get to know me. That should do it."  Right? Everything until now were guesses, assumptions and brainstorming. Now, we can play on facts.

"That process takes a long time." He said with a crafty consideration.

"Yeah I know. But, I'll sum myself up for you in this ten minutes. And you should do the same."

"Why did you suddenly give up on losing again?"

How many different reasons should I explain to him?

"I can't afford the penalty for losing the the next round. And I hate to lose, if I put my mind to it. So don't even think about slacking around. Winning is the only option, got it?"

"See, I told you, you would make a good dictator."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Ordering a professor is sure fun, isn't it?"

Where's he getting at? It's outside the university. And moreover, he doesn't act, dress or speak like a professor to me. And moreover, he wanted me to stay. 

"You don't feel like cooperating?"

"Sure, ma'am."

I give a defeated sigh in return.

"Alright. Things I feel you you don't know about me. Harry Styles is my favorite musician. Favorite universe, marvel. I like reading books. Music is like oxygen for me. I like dark chocolates and coffee. I'm from India. I like watching anime, playing games, doodling."

He is waiting and I'm out of things to say. The things I said, he already knows most of them with his observation, I guess. Something he should know about me other than what I had already said? What would that be? He should know about my ultimate goal in life. What if they ask about it?

"My dream is to do a presentation in front of an audience with confidence, explaining things to people who actually care about what I have to say, to walk around the hallways with the sound of my heels echoing from the tile..."

That's all I want. To be respected and acknowledged for my work. To be a strong female representative in my field. To make others believe that it is possible for them to follow their passion. To proudly convey my ideas to other experts. To boss around the rookies. To be confident in wearing heels and other classy business women outfits. The echo of the tapping heels, that's what is the sound of freedom for me. Imagining it gives me goosebumps. That's me in the future I had planned. 

"You did that already on our first meeting."

"No, I wasn't wearing heels that day."

He's looking at me like he can't believe what he's hearing.

"Look, it's different. I want a Dr. in front of my name and do all these things. You wouldn't understand this."

Why did I even try explaining these to him?