THIRTY FOUR

Michaella Francisco

Examination day.

The terrifying week started now. We were already in the classroom, dapat kase maaga ka. You should arrive before 7AM. Well every 8AM naman ang start but if you want to study more, you should arrive at 7AM. Of course hindi ako nag-last hour study, I did what I had to do earlier kaya wala lang sakin. Sigurado din akong full ang library ngayon.

Everyone was present at the time, walang ingay na maririnig sa aking mga classmates. All I can hear was flipping of pages and writing them down in their notebooks. Felix was studying too and at the same time, katabi kami pero one seat apart. Ganyan talaga if examination day.

I was really bored at the moment at wala din ako sa mood na mag-aral since kakaaral ko pa lang kaninang 3AM. Inagahan ko talaga dahil examination. Hindi din naman ako makakatulog dahil trip ata ng mga mata ko na magising.

I was looking out when I spotted a toblerone in my seat. Nagtaka ako dahil sino namang maglalapag ng toblerone sa mesa ko? Lahat sila busy at walang time talaga para magkaguluhan. When I noticed their was a marking in its skin, freshly write since nangangamoy pa ang ink na ginamit. So without thinking further, kinuha ko ito at binasa.

"Goodluck sa exam. Do better and you might receive a kiss from me. -F. G."

Oh, came from Felix. I looked at him but he was still busy reviewing. I couldn't even disturb him so I grabbed my phone and started to type my word of thanks.

"Thank you, honey."

A simple thank you must be given specially if toblerone ang offer. Who wouldn't want toblerone? Hindi nato kagaya noon na sa O. F. W. mo lang makukuha ang toblerone. Binuksan ko ito at kinain. As always, the flavor really sink and exploded in my mouth, the nutty chocolate was delicious.

Suddenly, Felix leaned in and opened his mouth. Some of our classmates shifted their eyes on Felix who leaned in to me while his mouth was gaping. I soon to understand that he wants me to feed him kaya agad kong sinubuan siya ng dalawang piraso. Agad naman niyang kinain at bumalik siya sa pagkakaupo SA kanyang upuan.

I shook my head, smiling like a fool and decided to face him. Nakatingin lang ako sa kanya habang kumakain ng toblerone dahil maaga pa naman kaya I should just look at him while eating. "Why are you looking at me?" He asked while chewing and reading at the same time.

"Is there a law that forbids students to look at their classmates? Is there a law that says girlfriends shouldn't look at their boyfriends?" I asked while munching. It was soft because I don't want to disturb my hardworking classmates. Ikaapat lang yan mangyayari in 365 days.

"Should you be like studying?" He asked me while still reading. He was able to speak clearly now dahil wala na siyang nilalamon. "I was already done. There's nothing for me to do now." Sabi ko at kinain ang last piece ng toblerone. God, that was delicious!

"Here's water. Here's wipes, wipe your fingers, it's coated with chocolate." He said at inilapag ang tubig at wipes sa mesa ko. Is he a boys scout? He prepared this as if he knew kung ano ang magiging resulta pagkatapos ko kumain. Well it's already expected kapag kumain ng chocolates.

"Thank you Felix." I said at uminom ng tubig. After I washed down the chocolates from my mouth, I started to wipe my hands. At timing naman na dumating din ang Instructor sa subject ngayon making me clean my desk and be serious.

"I don't need to repeat my instructions naman diba? We already did this last grading but it's required to repeat my instructions. First, there should be only one piece of paper, the test paper and your ballpen in your desk. Second, if I catch you leaning or moving your head sideways and even upward, I'll consider that as cheating. Third, after you're done answering the testpaper, hand it to me with your paper as your solution. You may then go out and spend the rest of my time studying or doing nothing or it's up to you if you want to stay here inside. But I advise you that if you go out, you must be within this classroom hall lang dapat. Once you receive your testpaper or answer sheet, you may already start answering them. Same thing happened last semester. I will immediately check your papers once you return them to me and let you know if you pass the exam or not. That's all, may God bless you with intelligence." The Instructor strictly said and began to share the testpaper one by one.