SIXTEEN

Michaella Francisco

Morning came, another day to spend the whole hours at school. Of course I walked outside the dorm with my laptop since hindi ko nadala kahapon ang bag ko. I was walking the distance between the man who stood tall in front of the gate, hiding something behind his back.

I smiled, what's this gimmick again huh, Felix?

"Good morning." Pagbati ko sa kanya ng makalabas ako sa gate ng dorm. He flashes his smile at me and it was charming, it captivated me so much. "Surprise?" He questionly said while showing me a box of chocolates. "What the h*ll?" I asked him quite surprised.

It's a box of an expensive type of chocolate! Wrapped in a gold wrapper, sealed with a transparent box with ribbons! "What? It's February 14 today, why are you so bitter." He said in a statement that I raised my eyebrow and sighed. It's February 14 and there's nothing special about it.

"Ewan ko sayo pero sige, thank you for this." Sabi ko sa kanya at ngumiwi. I'm still not used to expensive gifts, rather I want something that we both have. A date for example but we just had our date yesterday so I guess I have no choice.

Inaya niya akong pumasok sa kanyang sasakyan which I did and placed my laptop in front of me and the box of chocolate. "Oh, 2 months left until we graduate huh." He suddenly said and sighed. "What may problema ka ba? Ayaw mo bang grumaduate?" I asked him and he just shrugged.

"It's not like hindi ko gusto, more like I'll probably miss this setup." He said and to be honest, it made me sad and dissatisfied. Yeah, if I were to be honest too I'll probably miss this set up too.

"Just hoping you wouldn't go elsewhere and stay." He mumbled something which I didn't hear very well. I tried to ask him anong sinabi niya but he wouldn't budge so I did nothing instead of forcing him because it'll be rude.

Not long after the ride, we arrived at the school. Both of us went outside, grabbed the things we needed and proceeded to our respective classroom. "Well if it isn't my girl." Someone said and I knew it was Godwin.

The awkwardness started to develop inside but I perfectly hid it with my smile. "Hey you!" I said cheerfully, hiding the uncomfort within me. "Never say that again." Felix said.

I never saw his expression but based on Godwin who's standing in front of me, he was smirking. "I can call whoever I want, Captain. Right baby girl?" Godwin acted and leaned forward.

"Gusto mo pasuntok?" I asked him while slowly turning my fingers into a ball of fist. "Nah I'm just kidding with you, Michaella. Anyways let's go." He said as if there's no pain in his heart.

Michaella feels something off, like she was struck with a behind her back. She looked back and saw Annavie, glaring at her. She was biting her lips hard as her hands were in the shape of fists, ready to blow up. That made her feel like she's starting to rage.

"What are you looking at?" Annavie whispered at her and flipped her hair. She then rolled her eyes on her, mumbling the word b*tch. Michaella leaned forward, Annavie is starting to get hostile to her, she needs to avoid her.

Hindi talaga maiiwasang tignan ka habang kasabay mong naglalakad ang dalawang ace ng Football. They looked at me as if I was lucky enough to walk by them which is not true. I am very not lucky for walking with this two because I can feel the thin awkward that were connected to us.

Nakapasok kami at sa classroom at lucky us dahil kakapasok pa lang ng Instructor. Agad na nagklase ito for the whole two and a half hour.

Again, the classes end and we are free to leave. "Coach called us. See you at the cafeteria." Felix whispered and I nodded sabay ngiti kay Godwin. "Go hotties!" I said and laughed like a madman. Girl, that was hilarious. The both of them glared at me playfully and left the room, leaving me behind.