SEVEN

Michaella Francisco

"Hey there, gorgeous." Felix said while whistling. I furrowed my brows and looked at him. What did he just call me? "I'm sorry, what was that?" I asked him, trying to be clear at first because if I'm correct, he called me gorgeous which is way not true.

"Bingi. What I said is Hey there, Gorgeous. Okay na?" Tanong niya habang nakafolded arms. Para talaga tong bakla umasta. "You know that I know that I'm not gorgeous right?" I said spitting out self facts. What? It's true naman. Sadyang baliw lang magiisip na maganda ako.

"Para kang tanga. When I say you are, you are. Tingin-tingin din kase sa salamin." He said rolling his eyes. What's with him today? Animo'y parang babaeng dinadatnan ng kabuwanang mensuration cyJcle. "What's with you today?" I asked him perplexed at his act today.

He shakes his head, signifying that there's nothing wrong. I nodded my head still unconvinced. "So what's up?" I asked him while closing the book I was reading. Currently I'm in the cafeteria, chilling since there's nothing to do.

He grabbed my hand and started to drag me somewhere that he knows. "Wait I'm currently—" I tried to stop him but he's still going forward, not minding my own words. "Stop, Felix." I warned him. Tumigil siya at tinignan ako na para bang naghihintay siya sa sasabihin ko. I sighed and looked at him confused. What's wrong with him?

"Where are we off too? You do realize that I left my things there. You suddenly grabbed me away from my table. What the h*ll is wrong with you?" I asked him, annoyed. "Kanina ka pa talaga Felix. Mind telling me what's on your brain?" I added, asking him with politeness. Unlike what he did earlier was way too polite. If you know what I mean.

"I'm sorry. Let's go pick them up." He said. "Wait for me here, kukunin ko lang yun." He said at tumakbo palayo, leaving me speechless, thunderstruck about his sudden behaviour today. Hindi man lang niya ako pinasagot kanina. As if I have no objection or choice na sumama sa kanya.

And I hate it.

I am an example of an idiom, 'A Life of it's Own.' I exist independently, he can't decide things for me without my approval because I live my life and no one else to share with because I own it. It really made me frustrated about this incident today. Kinda disappointed.

"Let me carry this." He said ng pagkadating niya. I tried to reach for it but because he is as tall as a mountain, I was unable to obtain my belongings. "Felix, give it back." I said seriously. He shook his head, denying that he'll never give it to me. I sighed and shrugged. "Suit yourself." I said coldly.

"Whoah what was that?" He said, placing his hands on my shoulder, forcing me to face him. With constrain, I faced him with my dull eyes. He seemed to be surprised on my mood as he asked me, "What happened?"

"You know what Guadalupe, what you did today made me dissatisfied. You can't just grab a person, you can't just make them follow you and you can't just act on your own. The person you grabbed and forced owns his life and you don't get to decide for that person whether he'll join you or continue what he was doing. What you did was wrong and injustice. Listen to what people may say before you start your action because I personally consider it as a rude action. You made me feel like I don't get to decide for my actions." I said honestly.

Felix was shocked because of what I said out of the blue. I guess he thinks that everytime he grabs me or something, I'll follow him nevertheless because I'm his friend. No, I'm not the kind of person who'll just follow someone around for their personal views.

"You're so rude." I made him stand still and didn't even apologize. I sighed and forcefully grabbed my things before walking out. Maybe he was having a hard time around but it doesn't justify the things he made today. That just sounds so stupid.