NINETEEN

Michaella Francisco

I wanted a quiet school life, away from gossip, rumors and issues. But what happened to that dream school life? Abandoned! I sat down, still mad about what happened earlier. I don't have anything to hide on my face kaya read my notes, up to my face to hide the palm of a certain woman.

"Yow baby!" Sigaw ni Godwin. His face was visibly confused as to why was everyone so quiet compared to the past days. "Why are they quiet?" He asked but no one replied making it weirder.

"Hey, baby girl." Someone called again and it was Felix, smiling happily. His eyes were still small as usual and it's making him appealing even more. Nagulat din siya kung bakit napakatahimik ng klase ngayon. Not the usual busy day wherein everyone has a group. "Are you getting this, Captain?" Tanong ni Godwin when he spotted Felix.

"What the hell happened?" Tanong ni Felix nang makalapit na siya sa akin. But I didn't pay attention to that. I'm more angry, wishing that someone wouldn't pissed me off today because girl, I'm about to spit some fire. "Are you okay?" Tanong ni Felix sa akin habang tumabi. Godwin then placed his bag next to Felix while looking at me, worriedly.

"I'm fine." Sabi ko habang bumuntong hininga. "Ey yow, I just saw Annavie—I mean the girl who we thought that Felix's girl." He said when he noticed me glaring when he uttered the name of the girl. I don't want to hear about that girl today, what she did to me has passed the line of my limit. She literally made me a ticking bomb.

"Uhh so I was saying that I saw her, crying with a face I can't even describe. Bro, her cheeks were red as f*ck. As if someone clapped her. She was crying in the hall, consoled with girls and boys flocking beside her." He said and looked at me, suspiciously.

"What a coincidence. I saw it too." I said, avoiding his eyes looking at me, which held suspicion towards me. "Why are you reading the book upside down?" Felix asked and grabbed the book.

I lost my focus at my hand gripping the book and eventually, I accidentally let it go. Godwin and Felix were shocked when they saw how red my cheeks were. That's when everything sinked in, as they both look at me angrily and worriedly at the same time. "What the f*ck happened to you?" Felix asked as he grabbed my cheeks softly.

I winced when he touched my cheeks. That was painful! It was soft but painful to the core! "I fell down the stairs." I made an excuse. Godwin looked at me like I was joking, raising one of his eyebrows.

"Girl, you're so bad at lying. It's not all coincident. Something happened between you and the girl, that's why everyone in the class is quiet because of you both! Ha! I'm a genius, my family must be awed after seeing their son, solving an issue easily." He said so full of himself and was out of the context already.

"Great job, Dog." I said and smirked at him, which made him snap out of his daydream and glared at me ferociously. "What? I was just supporting you, why are you glaring at me?" I asked him while laughing but then stopped because of my cheeks.

"Why didn't you stop at the nurse office?" Tanong sa akin ni Felix na ikinailing ko. As I said, ayokong pumunta doon dahil napaka-chismosa ng mga nakasign in na mga nurse. The moment they knew something happened or an issue happened, tatadtarin ka talaga ng mga tanong about that issue.

What's more talaga kase ako at yung epal na babaeng yun ang issue ngayon. Pagpi-piyestahan talaga kami ng mga nurse doon. "I don't like it. Mamaya na lang pag-uwi ko." I said.

"No. Actually I bought something. Ibibigay ko sana sayo and good thing it is still cold kaya apply this muna. Sasamahan kita mamaya, don't worry." Sabi ni Felix habang binigay sa akin ang dalawang Milo na nasa can at malamig pa talaga.