FOURTEEN

Michaella Francisco

Pasukan na naman at tinatamad akong gumayak. I feel like there's somewhat a heavy burden in my heart, a boulder on my shoulder. Nevertheless as a person who's always on top should be active.

I prepared, studied and ate. Same routine everyday and when I got out, there was no Felix waiting for me. Nakasanayan ko ng every labas ko nandito si Felix, waiting for me to get into his car. The heavy feeling I felt became heavier, this feeling was much more painful than what I expected.

Huminga ako ng malalim at kinalma ang sarili ko. Wala akong mapapala if I were to be like this. Siguro babalik ako sa pagiging ako noon. The plain girl who cares for studying.

I hailed a cab, sinabi kung saan ako pupunta. I was looking out the whole ride. Glancing and leaning on the window, the busy day was more than enough for me to forget the pain that I'm feeling right now. Nang makarating ako sa University, bumaba ako at binayaran ang taxi sabay isinara ang pintuan ng taxi.

Pumasok ako sa loob ng university, I was walking alone with a gloomy expression. "Hey!" Someone said at napatingin ako. It was Godwin with his smile, earth shattering smile. I smiled back and clapped our hands together, what I mean is high five.

"How's my favourite girl?" Tanong niya sa akin na nagpataas ng aking kilay. He look at me and laughed. "Hindi bagay sayo yung pagtataas ng kilay. Nagmumukha kang Dwayne Johnson." He said making me punch his arms softly.

"How dare you!" I said, expressing while smiling with him. We were walking at the same pace and as we walked, everyone looked at us like it was shocking. Maybe they were confused why Godwin and I were together. Of course, they were my classmates ng makapasok kami sa loob ng classroom.

"Saan ka uupo?" Tanong ni Godwin sa akin habang nakahawak sa aking kamay. This was the first time that someone held me by my hand kaya medyo nagulat ako dahil sa ginawa niya. "Same as usual I guess." Sabi ko at umupo sa gitnang bahagi.

Sinundan ako ni Godwin at umupo sa tabi ko. "Why are you here? Usually umuupo ka sa harap with a lot of girls. Seeing you here, nakakapanibago." I said while looking at him intensely. This boy right here, we were never close to begin with.

"What? Is there something wrong kung tatabi ako sayo?" He said while looking away. His ears were read as the outline of his cheeks were also red. Me, grappling with the situation right now thinks that maybe just a little chance that he's into me.

But no, let's not be so full of ourselves right now. I sighed and medyo awkward because after realizing it made me feel like there's really something weird about how Godwin acted right now and even yesterday's event. When Felix was with someone.

Minutes later a familiar person entered the room. It was dead silent, no one was speaking when the person searched his eyes in the crowd. I look down, avoiding the stare that the person was giving me. My heart was beating loudly, my system went crazy and my hands were cold.

The following events went crazy, I was avoiding him without any reasons to begin with. I could just walk to him and wave without destroying the perfect image of him and Annavie as the famous couple from the senior high school's timeline.

Upon looking down, I realized that there was a pair of shoes in front of me, a shiny black pair of school shoes, and light brown slacks. The cedarwood scent was strong as ever, enough to know the person in front of me.

"Captain, you should stay away." Godwin said, confirming the person in my thoughts. My heart was racing wild, my blood was rushing as I started to panic in the insides. "Why do you care?" He replied coldly as if Godwin made something that went beyond his plans.