TWENTY FOUR

Michaella Francisco

I spend my time reading inside the library. The reason was the next event that will be held will be our Examinations and by that, I should work my ass up because if I keep on being lazy, siguradong malalaglag ako sa kinalalagyan ko ngayon.

I was picking books related to our current topics that's being discussed of course, talking about 10 subjects and the books I picked were more than 10. Alam ko namang kahit anong study mo sa mga sinulat mo, 36% of the examination is nasa mga sinulat mo, while the other percent belongs to the books and of course with relativity.

This was to ensure that every student must apply studying in their life. Last year made me like this because back when I was grade-11 first grading of first semester, the examination made me utter b*llshit. All of my studying went to waste when it turned out that 40% of it was out of context. Everyone was also deceived. Good thing that our instructors that time let us retake our examinations with "PROPER'' explanation about what the f*ck was happening.

Since the library has a trolley for students to use when they take many books that aren't "carry-able" anyways, I took the trolley with my books and looked for the best spot. In studying, you must be at your best comfort space because if not, you can't study well.

I started reading the first book I had and searched for the relation between the subject and it's content. I was so busy studying that I finished almost 6 of them. I spent my time much longer than before in this library.

The Library was very quiet. Everyone was just whispering and those whispering came from the socialites. And when I say socialites, the one who stays connected all the time. The queen bees or something. While the nerds were the same as usual, studying.

I considered myself as the outcast nerd back when I hadn't met the fun that Felix introduces to me. With my title as the achiever, it really didn't help because I avoided everyone. Don't ask why. I was even hesitating when it came to pairing with someone for a task. There's this one time that I didn't pick a pair and I ended up having the low score for not following the instructions but who cares anyway? Socializing is not really one of my favourites.

But when Felix came, the world I created with walls away from society suddenly crumbled, showing Felix in front of me as if fate started to write again according to its own path and not mine to consider. As if it's telling me that my life was too boring and needs to be changed.

I sighed, I'm at my 7 book yet the detail was broad and not that into the point. As expected of studying a book with small relativity against what we discussed. Luckily, there was no one disturbing me so I picked up the next book, looked for the relativity and wrote it down while understanding the content of it.

I accidentally look at the time and it was already near 5. The library closes at 8 PM so it's still good. At Least I have too much hours ahead. "I still have 3 hours left." I mumbled upon myself and started to pick the next book again. My phone was in a flight mode because I don't want to be disturb.

My place was far away in a dark corner, but thanks to the light that was attached ahead of me, I can still read well. Half an hour had passed and I was attached to the next book I was reading. The content was exactly the same but with clear explanations. So I didn't even know the time had passed. Not until my stomach started to complain.

Once again, I looked at the time and it was 7:45 PM, 15 minutes left before the closing. So with an instant, I carried the remaining books with me back to the librarian station. The librarian was quite shocked when she saw me, the only girl inside the library. She sighed and gave me the permission slip and nodded. "Luckily, you showed up. I was about to shut down the library. You would have been locked inside." She commented while shaking her head.