CH 25 The Cherry Red Camaro

Start from the beginning

"Jesus, Christ!" I shouted, as I heard him laugh from the driver side.

"Gotta keep you on your toes!" He shouted from the car, when I then hopped in the passenger side, trying hard not to look at the unusual car parked in Christian's driveway. 

"You didn't tell me you had the top down." I said, glaring at him. Pulling the hair tie off my wrist, to put my hair in a low pony tail. 

"Like I said... Gotta keep you on your toes." He said, smiling at me with his rosy red cheeks. While he started to back out of the drive way.

I rolled my eyes, and grabbed the sunscreen out of his glovebox, I remembered to put there last time. Applying a large amount on my hands. Only to then, shove them onto his freckled face.

"Jesus Christ, X." He said, immediately pressing on his breaks. Having his car only half way out of my drive way. As I rubbed the white paste into his pale skin some more. "I could have hit something!" He said, throwing his hands up, to stop mine from rubbing the lotion in more.

"Like what? One of my mom's garden gnomes? And besides..." I said, removing my hands from his face, content with the amount I made him put on. "I'm keeping you on your toes." I hummed, as I sat fully back in the passenger seat again. 

"God." He muttered under his breath as he tried to get the sunblock out of his orange eyebrows. "This is the last time I take you anywhere." He said, looking at himself in the rear view mirror. 

"Oh please you love me." I laughed, as I looked at his half-rubbed in lotioned face.

"Oh please you love me." He mocked back with a sour tone, as he started to pull further out of my drive way. 

I glared at him, and started to stick out my tongue, when his hand came over my mouth. As if he was planning to all along. Rubbing all the sunblock he once had on my tongue. Trying to grab it, as I pulled it back into my mouth.

I immediately grimaced and whined as I tried wiping the lotion off my tongue. "You son of a bitch." I coughed out, trying not to swallow any of the contents. 

"Miss me, X?" He asked, rhetorically as he put the car into drive. 

I scowled at him, as I roughed up his curly red hair. Knowing damn well he hates it when anybody touches his hair. 

___________________

Once we made it to the mall, I B-lined it to my favorite boutique and found the dress of my dreams. Plain enough to not attract any attention, but loud enough to attract the right attention...

The past couple of school days me and Christian have been... somewhat civil. Almost a silent truce between the both of us, since the final exam is right around the corner. Both of us swamped with school work. But every now and then, I catch those subtle glances he sends my way. Making me relish in the fact, that I have his attention in those moments. 

I wanted more though. I wanted him to act out again. I wanted him to act more like that confident, cocky self he was this past week. The new version of him that is making me stay on edge... it was exhilarating knowing he was trying to provoke me. He was becoming an addictive drug I can't seem to get out of my mind, no matter how hard I—

"Can we get my boba now?" I heard Luke whine, from behind me. 

I grabbed my card back from the cashier, and pulled him by the arm out of the boutique. "Could you have been any more annoying in the store? I felt like I was babysitting my—"

"Luke, Alex?" We heard from the side of us, causing us to turn towards the voice.

"Jakey?" I heard Luke say, pulling away from my tight hold around his arm.