|57| A Test to Prevail

Start from the beginning

Asking Jungkook questions is same as asking them to a wall- there was no point of hoping to receive a straight answer- if it's not snickers of quick remarks, he'd be roped into those sticky hands of the scheming Devil and be done with it. Notably, that's how his last questionnaire adventure went- the worst of being revealed to something horrendous doing of his own.... Taehyung would rather take a jump out of a plane without a chute than live through that embarrassment again.

The Angel's calm stature, lets in belief that he would answer Taehyung's questions- if not, atleast he would guide him. Taehyung believes.

He looks down at his plate. He remembers Jungkook's distaste.

Is there a line that would be crossed if he'd seek guidance from an Angel?

Jungkook is wary of them.... and they're wary of Jungkook. This, Taehyung knows.

But then there was Dr. Min, who had outrightedly warned him of Jungkook. Of what he was capable... of what... truly he could be... of what he truly is...

The middle ground, as twisted as it was, rested with Jimin- who was equally, or if not, more wary of all the parties. Sure, his inherent nature made him inclusively hostile against the Angels. But there were times, where there was nothing but unbridled fear in his voice when he spoke of Jungkook- or spoke... to Jungkook. Sure, he was the most closest of all to the man, yet it didn't justify why he feared him the most- or probably it did.... and Taehyung, didn't want to accept it.

The Devil.

The Devil. His wrath, as they speak.... or rather something that shouldn't be spoken of.

Taehyung worries and he pushes the words further deeper into his throat, swallowing it with a piece of tofu.

Breakfast savoured, the two head out of the establishment, walking beside each other in quiet solitude.

"Today is fairly eventful" The Angel speaks, his face overturned to the sky. He stops walking and then peers down to look at Taehyung.

"Should it be something, I should be careful about?" Taehyung asks, a little jittery.

Namjoon smiles at that "Perhaps, but who knows?" He shrugs a little, a break in his lofty character "we are not granted the eyes to see the future."

Taehyung registers it in his mind, thoughts swirling in his head. He clenches and unclenches his fingers.

"I- I know.. I know it's not my place to ask.... but I must know" he pauses, waits for the calm eyes to overturn but the Angel's gaze does not waver off of him.

Like a weight on his chest, Taehyung suddenly feels the intensity. It's stiffling.

He steels his heart and continues. It's now or never.

"There has been.. too many things that have been occurring lately... I need to know where I stand in it. How am I... bound to it."

There's a faint flicker of gold in those raven irises. Like a quick zap of lightening that if Taehyung wasn't looking at the Angel's face, he would have completely missed it.

Like flowing water, the faint emotion drifts away from the handsome features. Namjoon blinks, "it's something... that even I.. have failed to understand, how you're bound to it, Kim Taehyung."

The reply was unexpected, but it wasn't the answer.

Taehyung waits for more.

"My father may send tests to prevail in life, but this... shouldn't be a test" the Angel pauses, his eyes turned to the sky as something in them crinkles, tense.