|57| A Test to Prevail

Start from the beginning

"No, I simply visited to check upon you" Namjoon replied and Taehyung mentally sighed in relief.

Atleast the Angel held some respect for other non immortal creatures, and did not give a sleazy grin like Jimin had-

Taehyung shudders and then shakes the thought away.

"You seem cold, would you like to head inside? There's a place that I know around here that opens early."

"Ah- hm?" Taehyung stumps. Taehyung doesn't have an idea or two of Heavenly etiquette, but he sure does know it would be sign of disrespectful to gesture the robe the Angel was wearing- perhaps it wouldn't have been a problem if it were 5 centuries ago- also it would be absurd if people catch him talking to himself or something, that is, if the Angel doesn't wish to reveal himself to another-

Namjoon pauses, studying the mortal's face and then let's out a pleasant deep chuckle- one that fills in his face to let two dimples arise on his cheeks like a pair of suns.

Taehyung admires the Angel quietly. Although Jungkook had no similar features as that of the Angel before him, there would be no mistake in pointing out that both were from the same class of ethereal beauty, each unique and bright but something that entirely transcends mortals.

With a wave of His hand, Namjoon's attire changes into that of current fashion- a grey sweatshirt and simple black pants. The glow of his face had receded by a point, but the taller man stood out nonetheless.

Taehyung walks alongside the Angel, a step behind. The silence wasn't deafening, the dawn was breaking and there were already people in the streets, ready to start with their new day.

Taehyung glances over to the Angel, who looked as normal as any other mortal walking past them. The Angel would smile politely at anyone who looked over to him, or smiled in awe.

The two head into a small restaurant, cramped between two taller buildings. The door frame was short and so both had to duck, as they stepped into the establishment.

Taehyung had not once seen the small family run restaurant before in the busy streets of Seoul, yet Namjoon had carefully laid down an order for breakfast, consisting of egg spinach rolls, tofu and chicken, with kimchi stew and some fluffy rice.

The food, tasted homely and warm. Almost familiar.

Taehyung swallowed a piece of tofu and then looked over at the Angel is disguise "I... didn't know erm- you'd eat mortal food..."

Namjoon places his chopsticks aside for a bit "I stay in the mortal realm for longer periods than I do at Silver Gates, I'm a Guardian afterall..." he smiles gently "and as for food, although I require none as you may already know, I do relish the fruits of my Father's creation"

"So... you're always... here?" Taehyung asks, not quite sure how to put forth his question. He wonders if its even right to address the immortal, as 'you' - although he did put forth the most formal of 'you' in his native tongue, he still found it incomplete and disregarding.

Namjoon picks up his chopsticks "mm... yes, but not quite... the world is vast- but for the last few years, yes, I have frequented this country more than the others."

Taehyung doesn't have to guess the reason behind it. He knows it.

Taehyung doesn't ask any further and resumes to eat in silence.

People pour into the restaurant- mostly elderly and few daily laborers, lively and buzzing. The silence filled by their chatter and the cold of early spring warmed by steaming food.

Taehyung feels a little conflicted, but he dares not voice out his questions. A curious mortal as he was, Taehyung understood the weight of several things- and the most crucial of that, was to not prod at something he could not efficiently hold in his hands.