Chapter 24

Julian POV

Pulling into the station with my SUV, I stop as the rain starts to pitter patter on the windshield. A groan raises in my chest at the rain starting to fall heavier and heavier against my car. Great, just great.

I push my car door open roughly and get out as quickly as possible, slamming the door behind me. Taking lengthy steps to the door, I open it and walk into the bull pin, not even bothering to talk to the young wolf at the reception desk.

Tom turns to see me enter the room before returning to sip his coffee. I walk to my desk and sit down, letting my computer slowly light up and power on. After a few moments I growl at the lack of response from the computer. I hit the power button again and the screen goes back to black before it turns to blue and buffers.

"Computer taking a while?" Tom asks as he looks at me over his coffee mug.

"Yeah." My annoyed voice responses while I still glare at my monitor screen.

Tom nods his head thoughtfully as I continue to growl and grumble under my breath as I press the computer on and off again and again. "Yo Julian, what's up man?" Dom asks as he slaps my shoulder.

I turn and narrow my eyes at him before turning back to my screen. "Woah, what's up man?" He says with raised hands as he backs away.

I take a deep breath and look up at him, "Nothing, just this computer sucks."

"Ok, it's ok Julian.What's going on?" He asks me as he sits across from me at my desk.

"Nothing." I stubbornly reply. A frown pulling at my lips as I avoid his questioning eyes. Out of the corner of my eye, Oscar begins to walk over with a smirk on his face.

"What Julian, you haven't seen your mate in a couple of days have you? She's been gone with Tyler the last week for the basketball camp at MIZZOU. Feeling a little left out." Oscar teases. Realization dawns on Dom's face and Tom just smirks at his coffee cup. I growl at Oscar as I feel my anger begin to boil in my blood.

"Ahhhh, I was right. Someone can't take one week without their little mate can they? What she has you that whipped, that you fall apart without her?" He continues.

I feel my teeth begin to shift to my wolf's as a deep animalistic growl rips through my chest. "Shut up Oscar."

"Oh come on, you know I am teasing." He says with a laugh.

"Oscar, you don't have a mate, so I would shut your mouth." Tom says before sipping his coffee and looking at his computer.

"Oh, it can't be that bad to be away from your mate?" Oscar whines.

"It is and you know Julian's situation is different since he shares his mate." Tom explains to him as his dark eyes knowingly meet mine.

I think back to when she left with Tyler to go coach for the week away. She was so happy to go and I hid how sad I was for her to leave. Of course she said she would miss me and she called and texted constantly but I know she was not as affected since Tyler was there with her. Not to mention the jealousy building day by day that he was getting so much time with her and I was here alone.

Dom and Oscar get up after seeing me space out obviously thinking about my mate not being here. Tom gets up and puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder before getting more coffee. My computer finally starts and I start going through files that had been sent to me.

After several hours I put my head in my hands and roughly wipe my face. God this stuff was mind numbing. I sigh and lift my head to continue but my phone rings. I smile spreads on my lips as my mates ringtone floods the space around me.