Chapter 22

The sunlight finally became too bright to ignore as I groan, not wanting to get up and go to meetings today. A giggle burst out of my mate as she lays on my chest. I open an eye and arch a brow at her questionly.

"You're so cute when you're grumpy in the morning." She says sweetly before turning her head to lay a soft kiss above my heart. I squeeze my arm, pulling her closer.

"I prefer to stay in bed with you all day to meetings with egotistical Alphas." I explain.

"I should hope so." She says with another giggle. A smile tugs at my lips as I listen to her tease me.

"Come on you two, you need to get ready for the day." Tyler says as he exits the bathroom with a towel around his waist. I roll my eyes and Rachel slaps my chest lightly. I look at her and she mouths 'be nice' to me. I nod and get up to get showered and dressed for the day. She walks over and kisses Tyler good morning before following me into the bathroom. I pull her into the shower and taste her sweet lips before helping her wash.

Once we finish, we dress and Tyler in his always Alpha dominance says, "Let's go get breakfast." He holds his hand out for her and she grabs it before following him out of the room. I follow and was shocked to see two men standing guard outside of our room.

"You've got to be kidding me." Rachel grumbles as she gets to the elevator. The two men follow and give Rachel a nice smile, which she just glares back at them.

I ignore them as they come in the elevator with us, I put an arm around Rachel's shoulders as she stands between Tyler and I. Once the doors open to the lobby we step out and see many of the Alpha couples in the restaurant.

We lead her in and have breakfast while we ignore the couples around us that were obviously talking about us and the security detail assigned to her by Alexander. After breakfast we walked out to the lobby and before I could ask my mate what she was going to do today while we were in meetings, a piercing scream breaks through the lobby, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Tyler and I push Rachel behind us as we turn to face where the scream came from to see a group of women making too much noise coming towards us very quickly.

"Rachellllll OMG you're here!!!" A smaller woman yells as they surround us in the lobby.

"Melanie?" Rachel questions as she tries to peek around my back. I move to allow her access and my mate was quickly yanked from behind me by an older woman in her fifties with salt and pepper hair.

"Sweetheart, I have been trying to reach you! Where on Earth have you been?" The older woman admonishes her as she hugs her closely. Rachel wraps her arms around the women in a bone crushing hug.

"Elle, I am so sorry. I blocked everyone on my phone. I needed space." She says quickly trying to explain.

"Shhhh- I will kill that son of mine, mark my words. I am so happy to see you sweetheart." She says as she pulls back to look her in the eyes. Alexander walks into the lobby and smiles at the women accosting my mate, while the women snarl and growl at him.

He walks over and bends down to kiss the older woman on the cheek before greeting her, "Mother." Then he smiles brightly at my mate before grabbing her hand and gently brushing his lips against her knuckles, Tyler and I both growl at him. "Sugar, you look beautiful today." He says ignoring our obvious displeasure.

Smack! Stunned I look at the tall dark haired woman as she pulled her arm back to hit Alexander again, frozen in shock he quickly recovered to turn around and pull her hand down, "Savannah, stop that."

"Don't touch her you asshole!" She growled out, "You lost that right." They stared at each other intensely before they both agreed to look away at the same time. He released her wrist.