Chapter 7

Rachel POV

I wake up the next day and moan. I am so conflicted. I have no clue what to do but before I can wallow in more self-pity I get a phone call.

"Hello." I say

"Hey, if you have any time today the JV coaches are going to have practice and they would love to meet you." Tyler says to me.

"That would be great what time?" I ask excited. I had not been able to talk to them yet and really wanted to meet them.

"In an hour and half at 10." He says.

"Ok, I'll be there." I say to him and he says bye and hangs up. I go shower and get dressed and head to the gym. I'm forty minutes early. I just wanted some time to shoot around but I see Tyler's office door is open. I walk up and see him inside working on a laptop.

"Hey darling come in." He says as he sees me. I walk in and sit at a chair across from him. "How are you today?" He asks me smiling at me.

"I'm fine. You?" I ask him.

"I'm fine. How was your date?" He asks me leaning back in his chair and putting his feet on his desk.

"It was fine." I say. He raises an eyebrow at my answer.

"Come on that's all I get?" He says trying to coax me to say more.

"What do you want to know?" I ask him.

"Oh, I don't know, did you kiss him?" He asks me looking me in the eye. I could see the challenge in his eyes rising.

"On the cheek." I tell him honestly as I cross my arms over my chest and lean back in my chair. I see him grin at that.

"Really?" He asks me smugly.

"Really, he kissed me on the cheek too." I tell him. I watch him frown at that. "What did you do last night?" I ask him

"Oh, nothing much. Thought about this girl." He says teasing me. I roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever, you can lie all you want." I tell him. His face falls at my words.

"I'm being serious. I just thought about this girl I met." He says earnestly. My mouth drops open at his words. Is he really telling me he thought about me all night?

"Hmmm." I say as I watch him. He gets up and comes around the desk. He sits on it in front of me.

"Why don't you believe I would think about you?" He asks me and I can't believe he just said that. I look up at him in disbelief. He reaches out and touches my cheek. "I thought about you all night. I couldn't wait to see you again. I was hoping you would come early so I could have some time with you before everyone got here." He tells me.

"Tyler" I start but two women walk into the office. Both of them were tall and slender. One was dark brown hair and the other had auburn hair. He pulls his hand back but doesn't leave his perch in front of me.

"Jessica, April, hello. This is Rachel. Rachel, this is Jessica and April." He introduces them to me. I shake their hands and stand in front of Tyler.

"Hi, we are so excited to meet you. Tyler has told us all about you." The dark-haired girl Jessica says to me.

I look at Tyler and he is grinning at me. "Thanks, I'm so excited to meet you guys too." I tell them. We notice several players walk in the gym and Jessica and April head out to greet them. Tyler and I follow and we help with practice. Jessica and April were so fun and upbeat and I really loved them. We clicked instantly and Tyler let me bond with them as much as I know he wanted to come over and hang out with me. Practice ends and the girls and I stand there talking.