Chapter 16

Julian POV

I walk back into the precinct office after lunch and I can't stop smiling at my mate. She was so shy and timid at first but now she was so much more comfortable around me and wanted me. I couldn't wait to get home and spend time with her.

"Oh, look at that dumbass grin." Oscar yells as I walk in. Everyone laughs and teases me and honestly I don't care. I loved how happy my mate made me. I never felt this happy in my life and I was so excited for my future with her.

Hell, I was even happy with Tyler. He and I were getting along and actual on the same page for once. I sit down and start working on some paperwork as the guys leave me alone for a few minutes. Once I was finishing a report my cell phone beeps at me. I pull it out expecting a text from Rachel but was surprised to see one from Tyler.

Ty- At Walmart, want to get new bedding for both of our places so it is a clean slate. That ok with you?

Honestly, Tyler was sometimes so much better at little things like this even though he has never had a relationship. He seemed to understand her so much better than I did. I groan at my stupidity from this morning. I didn't want to hurt my mate and I know that I did. She surprised me by forgiving me already and I know if I this situation was reversed, I would be so mad and I wouldn't forgive as quickly as she did. I text him back quickly.

J- That's fine with me. Whatever kind she wants is good with me. Is she ok?

Ty- She is fine. She felt like your mistress you left your wife for, but I explained how mates work for us and that it is normal to leave a girlfriend when you find your mate.

I feel my chest clench when I read his response. I know with her background this situation would be hard and I felt bad that she was hurt. I need to show her how much I love and care for her.

After finishing up at work I head home. I pull in next to Tyler's truck which was still weird to see at my house. When I open the door, I immediately smell the food from the kitchen. I walk in there to find Rachel barefooted and singing to music as she cooks.

I smile at the scene. Her hair swayed back and forth with her hips as she danced to the song. She doesn't notice me at first as I lean against the doorway watching her. When she finally does the smile that lights up her face was breathtaking.

"Hey baby. When did you get home?" She asks me as she walks over and hugs me tightly.

I chuckle before kissing her cheek. "A few minutes ago. I was enjoying the premeal show." I tease her. She throws her head back and laughs before playfully hitting my arm.

"If I remember correctly, on our first date you were the one that turned on the music and started dancing in the kitchen." She says with a grin.

"I think you're right." I say before taking her hand and twirling her into my chest. "I also remember getting interrupted before I could do this." I say before capturing her lips with mine.

Her hands grip my shoulders as she surrenders to the kiss. I pull back but keep her pressed against my body. "It was worth the wait." I say before kissing her again.

I release her when a timer goes off. She runs over to the oven and pulls out the baked chicken breasts. She grabs the mashed potatoes and the corn off the stove top. I pull out plates and she plates the food before carrying them to the table. "Where is Tyler?" I ask as I notice he is missing. She pours water in our cups before saying.

"He was showering and getting ready for the bonfire. I will go get him." She kisses my cheek before heading to the bedroom. A few moments later she comes back with Tyler. He sits down and smiles at me.