Chapter 23

Tyler POV

She had tear stains on her cheeks even though she fell asleep late last night and it was now six in the morning. Julian looked at her and then looked at me before meeting my gaze.

"What are we going to do?" He asks me. I shrug my shoulders. "Do you think she still loves him?"

I sigh. "Yes. But I'm not sure what to think about it." I rub my hands over my eyes and groan. "All I know is that I am going to kick his ass." Julian nods in agreement.

As we walk into the meetings later on, I spot Alexander talking to several people. I walk over and they leave him as they notice my stormy expression. Alexander meets my harsh gaze evenly.

"Tyler, Julian." He nods his head in greeting.

"Alexander, we need to talk." Julian begins.

"About what?" Alexander says with a smirk.

"About the fact that our mate cried herself to sleep last night." I growled at him and he had the good sense to at least look pained about that fact.

"What did she say?" He asks us quietly.

"Nothing, not a goddamn thing. But we know that you saw her and that you made her cry. Leave our mate alone." Julian grounds out.

"She and I needed to discuss several things last night.-"He begins but I cut him off.

"Now that that is over, leave my mate alone. She deserves to be happy and loved, something you can't give her. If I see her cry because of you one more time I will kick your ass." I growl at him. I felt a calming hand on my shoulder as I turn to see my mate behind me. She looks up at me with her big hazel eyes and I immediately calm down.

"Tyler won't need to kick your ass, I will. Leave me alone Xander. I can't be here anymore, this city is filled with too much of our memories and you can't leave me alone to be happy. I just want to be happy Xander. They make me happy. Let me go." She begs as she grabs my hand. I pull her close, "I love them, please, just let go." A tear falls down her cheek as she looks up at him. As their eyes connected you could feel their connection and it was like a knife was stabbed in my chest knowing they had such a strong connection together, it was everything I wanted with her.

Xander's green eyes filled with tears as he swallowed roughly. He squeezes his eyes together tightly before nodding his head. "If this is what you want, I'll let go. I don't want to Sugar. I want you and only you, please don't walk away from us."

Her breath catches before she whispers, "I need to." She wipes a tear away before turning and pulling me away from Alexander. She brings us outside to our car. To our surprise our luggage was already packed up. She grabs the keys from one of Xander's men, "Thank you." She tells him before handing the keys to Julian. I help her in the car and we all head home in silence.

After an hour of silence Julian finally speaks, "Are you ok?"

She glances at him and gives a timid smile to him, "Yes, I will be. I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry about baby?" He asks her, surprised.

"That all of this happened. I never imagined he would be like that. I never want either of you to feel like I don't love you, because I do so much. I love my life with you and how easy it is to be with you, it was never like that with Xander. I am happy with you two and I just want to go back to our little life together and forget this weekend." She explains and I smile at her from the back seat, God I loved my mate.

"We can do that." I tell her. She flashes me a bright smile and bites her bottom lip.

We pull into Julians drive and she heads into the kitchen to start making us lunch. "Why don't you guys get blankets and pillows, pick a movie, and we could have a movie date in the living room." She calls to us as she pulls out ingredients from the fridge. Julian and I grin at each other. We split up, he grabs the blankets and pillows and I go get the sound system and movies set up.

We help each other lay out the blankets and pillows and as we finish that we hear her call us to come eat. I walk in the kitchen and smell pasta. I reach for the bowls for her as she pulls the pot off the stove. She serves us and we grab our bowls and head to the living room. She settles between us on the couch as the first movie begins to play. We eat in silence as we watch the movie. Once we finish she grabs our bowls and puts them in the dishwasher.

She comes back and hops down on the couch as she lays across Julian's lap and motions for me to lay on her chest. I happily move to lay down on her chest as I wrap my arms around her waist. She runs a hand through my hair.

The next day Julian kisses her goodbye at the kitchen table before he walks out the door. "Are you ready for your orientation next week sweetheart?" I ask her as I sip my fresh roasted coffee while I lean back in my chair staring at her.

"Yes, I'm excited to hear everything. Are there any other new teachers this year?" She asks me as she looks over the information the school had sent while we were gone.

"There will be several new teachers. I was not on the hiring committee for all of them, but the two that I was on, I think you will like. They both teach Science." I explain as a smile toughs at my lips. The excitement spreads through my chest at the idea of being able to see her throughout the day. As the Athletic Director, I have to be in the hallways to help cover them during passing period, meaning I get to see her every class period to check in and make sure her day was going well. I was also happy her classroom was just down the hallway from the gym and my office.

"How are the kids at your school? What are they like?" She asks me with shining eyes. I could practically feel how excited and anxious she was about school starting in a month.

"They are mostly good. It helps that I am an Alpha so they behave for me, as they will for you. You will be their Luna and they will respect you." I tell her. She rolls her eyes at my serious look.

"They are high schoolers Tyler, they will make mistakes. Don't go overboard if I complain to you about one of them, otherwise I will only tell Julian." She scolds me, but I chuckle at her.

"You think I'm the hardass, wait until you see Julian mad at them for something they do to you. I trust you to handle your own issues sweetheart, Julian probably won't."

Smack! Her hand hits my shoulder, "Stop and be serious Ty." She whines at me.

I let my hand cup her cheek, "I am being serious." She melts into my touch and her eyes meet mine. My tongue wets my lips as I stare at hers. Her lips part as she sucks in a breath before I lean in and gently touch my lips to hers.

The sparks shoot through my body like lightning. Every nerve ending was on fire. The overwhelming need to pull her as close as possible surged through my chest. My chair scoots back as my arms wrap around her waist before I pull her into my lap without letting our lips separate. She makes a cute surprised sound before she deepens the kiss. Her fingers graze my cheek before they disappear into my hair.

I pull back and let my forehead rest against hers. "I love you." I say softly.

"I love you to Ty." She whispers to me.