Chapter 4

Julian POV

I turn off the light and watch my mate relax in the bed. I hear her whisper, "Thank you." And my heart swells with pride that I was able to help her. As much as I wanted to stay I did need to go back to work.

I had told the guys my plan and I never expected to stay so late but I could barely stand to leave her right now. It took all my strength to walk out her door and get in my car, especially since she asked me to stay.

God she was amazing. Everything they said about mates is true. They complete you. The sparks when you touch each other happened every single time I touched her. I tried to be respectful as she seemed timid to touch me, but after that bastard called I needed to hold her and comfort her.

I can't believe anyone would cheat on her. She was so perfect and sweet. So kind and I can't believe someone would throw all of that away. She seemed heartbroken at hearing his voice and it broke mine. I know I'll take her shattered heart and piece it back together but it hurts knowing that she is hurting.

I loved that every time I called her baby, I could hear her heart beat out of her chest and her suck in air. She loved it, she didn't have to tell me I knew she loved it. I would call her baby every chance I get. I loved hearing her body react to me so much.

The blush of her cheeks was so mesmerizing and beautiful. Her soft skin was so amazing and I loved feeling it under my hands. I smile remembering her cuddling into me. She was amazing and all mine.

I pull into the station and Tom comes out and notices me. "Hey Julian how did it go?" He asks me curious.

"She's amazing. I helped her move in and we had dinner and watched a movie." I tell him. I can feel myself smiling like a fucking lovesick idiot but I didn't care my mate made my night.

"Well I don't want to ruin your night but you have someone waiting for you. They were not happy that you were not here. We told her you were patrolling but that didn't seem to pacify her," He says giving me a grimace. I knew exactly was I was about to walk into.

I pat him on the shoulder, "Thanks Tom. I'll handle it." I tell him.

"Yes, Alpha." He tells me as he walks away and gets in his car to head home.

I walk in the door and the front desk officer, James, shakes his head at me. Oh no this was not going to be pretty. I walk in the back and see several of the officers around the coffee maker trying to be as far away from my desk as possible in the corner.

I see her sitting on my desk in a small skirt and tank top. Her blonde hair was in waves down her chest and back and she had her arms crossed. She looked pissed. She raised a perfectly manicured brow at me.

"Where have you been?" She demands.

"I've been busy." I say simply keeping my cool. I walk over so our conversation can be quieter.

"With what?" She sneers. Oh no does she know where I was? No, there's no way.

"I'm working, what do you need?" I demand from her.

"I need my boyfriend of 4 years to not lie to me. What were you doing today, when you were ignoring my calls and texts?" She practically screams. I hear all the men behind me suck in a breath at her tone with me.

"You do not yell at me. Is that clear?" I say using my Alpha tone with her. She bows her head in submission and looks up at me.

"We are over Madison." I say before she can say anything else. My tone even devoid of emotion.