38. That's it from my side

Taehyung entered his house as he sighed. The court sessions, meetings with lawyers, PR attempts to salvage his dad's reputation and the Company and handling his mother was taking a toll on him. He could feel the tiredness taking over him but he had to keep going.

Everyone depended on him for emotional support right now. His sister had her own set of problems and he wanted to give her the time and space to solve those problems. He still didn't know how we was going to tell her that unknowingly he had helped Chaerin into doing this to her even though he had no intent of harming her family.

He sighed once again as he threw the bag on the couch and walked towards his room. He saw his wife standing there and he called out softly to her."Arin"

The entire debacle with his father and Alison had taken its toll on their already exhausting relationship. There had been days when they hadn't seen each other or had a chance to talk because by the time he reached home she was already asleep. And the rare chance they did converse, it always ended up in a fight.

The woman turned back as her name was called and Taehyung saw a suitcase behind her. "So you are here? Finally", she scoffed.

"What is happening Arin? Where are you going?"

"Somewhere I am wanted. Somewhere I am respected and not made to feel like I am somebody my husband puts up with because he has no choice"

"What are you talking about?", he was confused. "You know I have been busy with my father's case. I tried to sit you down the other day and run you through what is happening but you clearly did not want to listen to me"

"I still don't want to", the woman scoffed. "But it surprises me you care so much about this case. You never cared about the actual business. You couldn't be bothered when it was at its glory but now, look at you, running at your father's rescue when its all already in the ground"

"Arin I am not doing this argument", he took a step back. "I have no ounce of strength to fight you right now. Just, please, I am begging you. Put your suitcase away, I'll make us dinner. We can talk about this tomorrow"

"NO", the woman screamed. "I AM DONE TALKING. Enough is enough. You need to stop fucking treating me like this. I DESERVE BETTER. MY FATHER RAISED ME LIKE A FUCKING PRINCESS. I WAS PROMISED A GOOD LIFE. NOT THIS HELLHOLE THAT I CURRENTLY LIVE IN"

The man who was about to walk away stopped as he heard these words. He turned back as he glared at the woman. "Is this what this is about? Money? Again?"

"When was this not about money?", the woman spoke tears rolling down her eyes. "Six years I put up in this marriage hoping that you would one day be sensible enough to go back to your father's business so we could both do well. And? What happened? You were never around for us to enjoy the good part of it but now you decide you want to devote your entire time to them when everything has gone to dust?"

"Thats my family Arin, I have to do everything I can for them. That's literally what families are for—"

"AND WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE DONE?", the woman screamed. "WHEN DO MY ACTIONS HOLD VALUE? WHEN DO YOU GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ME AND WHAT I WANT?"

"Everything you have done?", the man chuckled sadly as he took a few steps towards her. "What have you done? Tell me? Let me hear it"

"I have—"

"13 days", the man cut her off. "It has been 13 days since my father was put in prison. You have not once asked me about him. You have not made one call to my mother or even put in the effort to visit either of them. Alison is about to lose her company and not once did you ask me if there was anything you could do to help. You want to hear what else you have NOT done?", he said with gritted teeth.