14. If she is happy, let her be

"Woman, the way you have not felt human touch ever since you broke up with Jason two years ago really had you jumping on Jungkook, didn't it?", Alison asked as they both got off her white Mercedes Gwagon and walked towards Chaerin's apartment.

"That is so not true", the latter replied. "I felt an honest connection and in the heat of the moment I wanted to express it. And to be honest with that leather jacket and messy hair, any girl would have taken her shot"

"Hmm, so now you know why I hooked up with so you can't be mad at me", Alison evilly smirked.

"HEY!", Chaerin yelled. "I thought we agreed to never bring up that wretched behaviour of yours again"

Alison laughed as they proceeded to enter the apartment building. "Let me just get my mail", the other said walking towards their mail box. As she proceeded to collect all letters, she noticed a familiar box rose colored box sitting on structure. Her favorite chocolates that were sold only in NYC.

"Did you order those chocolates? Like did you for real pay $15 on shipping to get those from New York? Seems hard to believe"

"I never order those because of that crazy shipping. They already cost a 100 bucks, I am not going to spend another $15 to get them here", Chaerin replied picking it up. "But who cares, I have been craving these for so long, let's go eat them. They melted a bit but we can put them in the refrigerator and they'll turn right back to the original consistency..."

"Oh give it to me ya dumb bitch", Alison scoffed. "You don't even know who got these. They could be drugged for all we know. How have you literally managed to survive in this world Shin Chaerin? Like someone could be adding an unknown substance to your cola right in front of you and you'd still drink it because you paid $2.50 for it. One of these days you are gonna get trafficked and my ass is gonna have to go all Liam Neeson and look for you"

"Hey! It's completely valid to drink it okay. The way those bottles are manufactured in mass, each one of them cost a few cents to make. And they charge literally 200% of the cost, can you imagine their profit margins..."

"I also know that if they ever kidnap you, they are returning you right back because you are straight up intolerable", Alison immediately cut her off. "Like they'll give us a ransom to keep you off the street. Mother Nature surprises me sometimes. The way some animals have their defence system designed is amazing. Snakes have venom, hedgehogs have their thorns, some animals have claws and Shin Chaerin has her personality"

"HA HA HA", Chaerin said with the straightest face possible, pretty used to getting roasted by Alison all the time.

"Now let me see", the latter said observing the box. She brought it close to her face to observe and for a split second, she caught a whiff of something very familiar. As if the scent had been just lingering around before defusing into the air. She tried her best to recognise what smell had the box picked up.

A damn familiar cologne she had known someone wear all their life. This was exactly the fragrance that her brother wore. An artisanal French cologne created at a perfumery in a small village north of Paris. A scent only the few elite had access too. For which her brother flew out to France twice a year. And the fact that these chocolates weren't sold in LA only cemented the fact that he was here. But then why did he not call or inform her that he had come?

"I think these are safe to eat, why don't you take them and head back home, I'll take leave"

"Where are you going?", Chaerin got concerned.

"I forgot I ordered two bags and they are ready for pickup. So I am just gonna go fetch them"

"BITCH YOU JUST BOUGHT A BAG LAST WEEK", Chaerin yelled but Alison was already on her toes to turn around and run to her car. "YOUR CLOSET LITERALLY DOESN'T HAVE SPACE FOR ONE MORE BAG. YOU NEED TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN.....HEY KIM AREUM I AM TALKING TO YOU!!"