a view to a kill

Beginne am Anfang

"That's why you need to find the dagger and use it on Rebekah" Elena said "She can't come looking for revenge if she's laying in a box"

"Yeah, I can't do that" Stefan shook his head.

"I know you can't because vampires can't use the dagger, but Avy or Matt can, it's not like she doesn't deserve it" Elena argued "And Bonnie thinks that she can get Klaus out of the picture, too, at least temporarily, once we get this cure, none of this will matter because we can use it against them"

"All right, fine, but how do you plan to lure Kol in?" Avy sighed.

-

Avy watched as Matt rummaged through Rebekah's drawers, rolling his eyes.

"it won't be here" Avy stated "She'll have it on her"

Matt sighed.

"Come on, let's go" Avy instructed.

-

Avy stayed hidden behind the lockers, Matt beside him as they heard Stefan and Rebekah talking and laughing, the fun dying down as Rebekah sighed, pulling the dagger from her shoe.

"This is what you want, right?" Rebekah sighed, passing it to him  "Go ahead, take it, you're right, I do care, I want stupid koala corsages and a prom, I want to have kids with someone who loves me enough to stand outside my window with a stupid boombox, I want to be human, so let Klaus put down my brother, let's go find the cure"

Stefan pocketed the dagger, Avy nodding to Matt, gesturing him towards the door.

-

Avy watched as Rebekah sobbed, Stefan having informed her of her brother's fiery death.

"I don't believe you" She sobbed "Kol's not dead, he can't be"

"Listen, Rebekah, they didn't have a choice" Stefan defended "Kol started this when he went after Jeremy, he went after you too, do you remember? I mean, he was never going to let us find the cure"

"So you knew? This whole night, you knew?" Elena asked.

"I'm not gonna let the people that I care about get hurt, not Jeremy, not Elena, not even Damon, and you can hate me for it, but now he can't hurt you, either" Stefan said "And I want us to find this cure together, you and me, not just for Elena, but for you, so that you can have what you want, be what you want, be human again, everyone deserves a second chance, right?"

"Why would I trust you?" Rebekah questioned.

"You shouldn't" Avy stated "We could give you our worse but at the end of the day, Bekah, you need to take a leap"

-

Avy grinned as he moved into the Salvatore Boarding house, Stefan placing Silas' tombstone on the table.

"Looks like we didn't miss much" Avy spoke "Got the Silas headstone"

"We're just waiting for Jeremy's mark to grow" Elena sighed "Klaus is trapped in our living room"

"Temporarily" Bonnie explained "I drew on the new moon to bind the spell, we've got three days to find that cure – four, max"

"If we don't, we might as well look up Katherine Pierce and see if she wants some company in hiding, 'cause he will come after us" Jeremy sighed.

"We'll find it" Elena said "Now that we've got Rebekah taken care of, all we need is professor Shane, and then we'll have everything we need"

"Yeah, we didn't dagger her" Stefan said.

"What? Why not?" Elena furrowed her brows.

"We didn't need to" Avy answered "She's on our side"

"On our side? Did you really just say that?" Elena scoffed.

"Yeah, she handed over the headstone" Stefan stated "I mean, she wants to find this cure more than any of us"

"Why would you possibly think that we could trust her?" Elena asked.

"Let me guess, she pledged her allegiance to you while you were naked in the sack?" Damon smirked.

"Here we go" Avy rolled his eyes.

"I bet you were just dying to get that out, weren't you, Damon?" Stefan spat.

"Oh, was that supposed to be a secret? Maybe you should have made that a little clear while you were bleeding me dry in our cellar" Damon said.

"Yeah, to keep you from killing Jeremy" Stefan defended his actions.

"Stop it, both of you" Elena ordered.

"Now, why don't you tell her to calm down, Damon? You've managed to use that sire bond pretty well so far, haven't you?" Stefan scoffed.

Damon punched Stefan round the face, Stefan speeding towards Damon, tackling him to the ground. Stefan was about to punch him when Jeremy suddenly stood, screaming as he pulled his shirt apart.

"It's happening" He yelled.

"Oh, my god..." Elena gasped.

"Goddamn" Avy raised his eyebrows as they all looked over the giant tattoo stretching over Jeremy's body

"You can see it?" Jeremy asked.

Avy smirked as they watched the mark grow.

"Here we go"