smells like teen spirit

AVY sighed as he looked up at his high school, his best friends beside him as they each felt anxiety rising in them.

"Here we are" Avy sighed "Senior year"

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie wondered.

"Okay, so prank night was a bust" Caroline replied "But we are accepting it and we are moving on"

"You're right" Bonnie agreed, sarcasm in her voice "I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?"

"Yes!" Caroline spoke "And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day?"

"Today's our anniversary" Elena added her troubles to the list "Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year"

"I'm an Original Hybrid, I can never be killed, never grow old, never have kids, I'm doomed to an eternity on a planet that I've resented since I was a kid" Avy stated.

"Yeah you win" Caroline admitted

"Are you guys sure you wanna be here?" Bonnie asked.

"We have to be" Elena said "We have to put it behind us, new year, new life"

Elena moved forward, Avy exchanging a wary look with his blonde friend, Bonnie moving along with them.

-

Avy smiled at Elena as she moved towards her god-sibling and his stunning blonde friend.

"I forgot about the bonfire" Elena smiled as Caroline raised her eyebrows.

"You have to go!" She spoke quickly "It's our first spirit squad even, and it sets the bar for the whole year!"

"Relax, Caroline" Elena sighed with a smile "I'll be there"

"Thank you" Caroline said "It's just that...-"

"Happy first day!" Tyler interrupted placing a kiss on Caroline's lips.

"Is that blood?" Avy murmured looking at the red patch on the collar of Tyler's t-shirt.

"Oh my god!" Caroline exclaimed.

She pushed Tyler into the male restroom, Elena and Avy following close behind.

"What's going on?" Tyler asked.

"Vampire 101" Caroline started "Don't wear your breakfast to school!"

Avy moved through the bathroom, checking all the stalls, making sure they were empty as Elena grabbed some paper towels.

"Chill out, it was just a blood bag" Tyler sighed.

"From where?" Avy asked.

"Rebekah hooked me up" Tyler answered.

"Rebekah?" Caroline asked "And what are you even talking to her for?"

"Klaus told her to keep a watch on me" Tyler smiled "Protect his new asset"