daddy issues

AVY moved into the kitchen, taking the remote from John's hand, switching the television of as he and Elena cornered the man.

"Morning" John greeted.

"What are you doing here?" Avy questioned.

"Coffee?" John asked.

"We're not doing that" Elena stated "We did that last night, no more avoiding, why are you here?"

"I'm here to protect you" John informed "That's all I can say for the moment"

"What do you mean that's all you can say?" Elena scoffed.

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you" John answered.

"Oh God, I'm late" Jenna moaned moving into the room, Alaric behind her.

"That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times!" Alaric smiled.

Jenna froze seeing John stood before her in the kitchen.

"What the hell?" She questioned.

"Good morning to you, Jenna" John greeted "Alaric..."

"It's okay I'm confused, right?" Jenna spoke "Because we were not expecting you, like, ever"

"Well, I got in late last night" John spoke "Avy let me in"

"Not willingly" Avy muttered.

"You know, I'm uh, probably just gonna take off" Alaric murmured.

The history teacher sent the god-siblings a look of good luck before moving from the house.

"I'm still confused here" Jenna stated.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while" John sighed.

"Not here, you're not" Jenna scoffed.

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here" John argued.

"Actually I can, as legal guardian" Jenna retorted.

"Yeah, about that...Elena, you want me to explain the situation, or would you like to do the honours?" John questioned.

Elena glared at the man.

"Okay, what's going on?" Jenna asked.

"I'm sorry, Jenna" Elena began "We should have told you earlier, but-"

"I'm Elena's biological father" John interrupted "There, now you know"

Avy glared as John left the room, Jenna, both confused and angry, turning to the twins.

"What?!" She questioned.

-

Avy opened the door, allowing Damon into the house as Elena moved irritatedly through the hallway, Avy wary of her upset.

"Where's John?" Damon questioned.

"He's not here, he left" Avy stated.