a view to a kill

AVY smirked as he looked through the bars of the cell at the weak Damon.

"You coming to snap my neck again?" Damon asked "Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free"

Stefan threw a vial of blood towards Damon.

"Oh man, really?" Damon whined "You practically bled me dry, at least spring for a bag or something, I'm thirsty"

Stefan placed a bottle of water between the bars of the door.

"Not exactly what I had in mind" Damon sighed.

Damon stood, groaning as he walked towards the door, grabbing the bottle. His eyes met Klaus's.

"Hello, mate" Klaus greeted.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Babysitting" Avy grinned.

"Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn't desiccate" Stefan instructed "If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again"

"Silent treatment, huh? Is that your best shot?" Damon turned to Klaus and Avy "He's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena"

"You sure about that?" Avy smirked "'Cause I saw him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on"

"Well, well" Damon grinned weakly as Stefan sighed "Looks like my brother ripped out a page of my revenge-sex handbook"

"Well, why don't you two enjoy your little, uh, villain bonding time? I'll let you know when I get the dagger from Rebekah" Stefan stated.

Avy grinned as he and Stefan moved away. Stefan sighed as his phone began to ring, debating answering it once he saw Elena's caller ID.

"Damon's fine" Avy answered with an eye roll "We locked him up with all the creature comforts he deserves"

"That's not why I called" Elena said "Kol just tried to kill Bonnie"

"What? Is she okay?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah, she's just shaken up" Elena sighed "She managed to hold him off, but Kol seems pretty intent on murdering everyone who's looking for that cure"

"Yeah, Klaus has us trying to convince Rebekah to give up her dagger so he can take care of Kol" Avy explained

"I don't want to just dagger Kol" Elena stated "I want Jeremy to kill him"

Avy slammed the front door, Stefan moving to rev his motorcycle, creating loud noise to cover their conversation.

"What did you just say?" Stefan asked.

"Bonnie has all this crazy new power" Elena explained "She thinks she can hold him long enough for Jeremy to get a clean shot"

"And then what, huh? Klaus and Rebekah will kill every one of us out of spite" Avy retorted "They may be dysfunctional bickering lunatics, but they stick together no matter what, as someone that was almost a part of that, trust me, I know"