the house guest

AVY stood beside Damon, sighing as he looked over to Katherine who was currently dressed identical to his sister.

"What is she doing here?" Avy questioned.

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb" Damon answered.

"How's that possible?" Stefan asked.

"He's an Original" Katherine smirked "They have all sorts of special skills"

"We don't want you here" Elena hissed "Get her out of here"

"You need me, Elena" Katherine argued" You all do"

"Like hell" Avy scoffed.

"We all want the same thing...Klaus dead" Katherine stated "Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off"

"We don't need your help and we don't want it" Elena spat.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you" Katherine retorted "Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?"

"If you know something, say it or get out" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Fine" Katherine sulked "Then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch...maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite"

-

Avy leaned against the edge of the desk, Elena beside him as they listened to Alaric, the teacher frustrated with his relationship.

"It was bad" Alaric sighed "You know, John planted all these seeds about Isobel and now Jenna knows I'm lying about something"

"John's going to end up dead on the kitchen floor if he's not careful" Avy glared.

"Yeah, well, easier said than done, I gave him back his ring so..." Alaric sighed "Look, Jenna keeps asking about Isobel, you know, was she murdered? Why haven't they found the body? I mean, how much longer can she stay in the dark?"

"You think we should tell her the truth?" Elena asked.

"I'm saying I can't be with her and not tell her" Alaric answered "It's not fair to her, and it's not the kind of relationship I want"

"Not to mention it's becoming more dangerous for her not to know" Avy sighed "We just thought that we'd at least hold off until after we've dealt with Klaus"

"Even then, how do we tell someone what we know?" Elena asked "How does someone hear that?"

"Look, I'm sorry to put this on you, but I feel it's your decision to make" Alaric spoke "And whatever you decide to do, I'll respect it, I want to be honest with her, but until then, Jenna and I are done"

-

Avy sat atop the kitchen counter, Caroline stood between his legs, leaning back against him, the best friends having always been close. They had always stuck to their pairings, Caroline and Avy, Bonnie and Elena, it just worked.

"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asked.

"Like you have to ask" Elena grinned.