our town

AVY moved towards the coffee pot, pouring some into a mug as he watched Elena pummelling the punching bag before her.

"Hey, you're gonna put a hole in that thing!" Alaric moved into the room "You want to talk about it?"

"Nothing to talk about" Elena sighed.

Alaric moved to hold the punching bag against her, the girl continuing to hit hard.

"So, what's got you all worked up?" Alaric wondered.

"I didn't really sleep last night" Elena answered.

"Yeah, me neither" Alaric sighed "Probably something to do with dying"

"Are you okay?" Avy asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm fine" Alaric replied "I think the ring, however, is running low on batteries"

"Yeah, that's another reason why Jeremy has to get out of town" Elena stated looking towards Avy "If those rings have a shelf life, he is not protected, neither is Alaric"

"Okay, Elena" Avy sighed, refusing to argue with the girl on a topic he so disagreed with.

Elena rolled her eyes before punching the bag with all her strength.

"Nice, nice, you're getting stronger" Alaric complimented.

"I'm just channeling frustration" Elena glared at her god-brother "I need coffee"

"Seems Damon's compulsion worked" Alaric said "Jeremy was packing when I left the house, going on about his new school in Denver"

"Whatever, Ric" Avy moved towards the couch.

"Have you talked to Damon today?" Elena wondered.

"No, why?" Alaric asked.

"No reason" Elena sighed, sipping her coffee.

-

Avy pressed decorations down onto the metal surface of his blonde best friend's locker, awaiting the girl's arrival as Elena helped him stick them on.

"Hey, sorry I'm late" Bonnie's voice spoke "I...I got held up"

Avy smiled at the girl.

"It's okay, we just got here too" Avy smiled "Can you pass me the balloons? Thanks"

"What got you running late?" Elena asked.

"I was...working on some new spells" Bonnie lied "You?"

"Buying decoration for Care's locker" Avy grinned.

"Working out with Alaric" Elena answered "So, I have something I need to tell you, and you're not gonna like it"

Avy sighed.

"What happened?" Bonnie wondered.

"Jeremy is gonna be leaving town for a while" Elena informed "He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver, until this whole Klaus thing blows over"