o come all ye faithful

AVY glanced around at the Winter Wonderland charity event, his blonde best friend by his side as the fake snow fell around them.

"You're going to do what?" Avy scoffed.

"Hayley found a witch strong enough to do the body jump spell" Tyler explained "You know, the Klaus specialty"

"So, you're going to put him in someone else's body and then what?" Caroline asked.

"We'll encase the body in concrete then bury it" Tyler answered.

"Why not just desiccate him like Bonnie did?" Bonnie asked.

"Because to do that spell, you have to stop a human heart" Tyler explained "I was a little short of volunteers"

"Well, who was dumb enough to volunteer their body to be a Klaus sublet?" Avy wondered.

Tyler fell silent and Avy snorted as he realised Tyler was the volunteer, Caroline's face turning red in anger.

"Okay, don't freak out" Tyler said.

"Freak out! Freak out?! I'm about to haemorrhage!" Caroline yelled "You volunteered?!"

"It's not forever" Tyler said "Just long enough for the hybrids to be able to completely disappear"

"Well, I can think of better ways for us to spend our senior year then you buried in concrete, Tyler" Caroline sighed.

"You're brave, I'll give you that" Avy nodded.

"This started with me" Tyler said "This has to end with me"

Caroline looked at the ground, avoiding her boyfriend's eyes.

"I need your support" He pleaded.

-

"Hey, sorry, I know I'm late" Stefan's voice came through Caroline's phone.

"If I'm gonna be a friend in your time of need, then you to need to work on your punctuality" Caroline stated "I'm in a crisis, where are you?"

"I'm at my house" Stefan said "Why? What's wrong?"

"Care's boyfriend is a dumbass martyr" Avy answered.

"Wait, and why are you at your house? Aren't you trying to keep your distance from Elena?" Caroline asked.

"Well, she's not here anymore, Damon took Jeremy to the Gilbert lake house with Bonnie so I guess her house is safe for her again" Stefan said "Hey, listen, I got Klaus to tell me a little bit more about this Hunter's sword, you know that map in Jeremy's tattoo? The sword decodes it, it's literally the key to finding the cure"

"Klaus told you this?" Avy asked.

"Yeah, why?" Stefan aske.d

"And did he happen to hand over the sword for safekeeping?" Caroline spoke hopefully.

"Uh, what do you think?" Stefan replied "What's wrong?"