memorial

AVY sat at the bar, Damon by his side as they exchanged comments about Elena's attempt to begin drinking animal blood to avoid her bloodlust.

"Stefan is determined to make her a bunny eating pacifist" Damon sighed.

"Of course he is, he wants her to be everything he tries and fails to be" Avy stated.

"He's gonna break her" Damon said.

"So win her over" Avy rolled his eyes "It was your blood that turned her"

"So?" Damon asked.

"So she's had your blood in her system, but she's never had a taste as a vampire, has she?" Avy smirked.

Damon smirked back.

"I like no humanity you" Damon said "But why are you helping me get Elena? I thought you and Caroline were team Stefan"

"I was, when I had feelings, but now I'm free of those shackles I can see logically, and you two make more sense" Avy said "Besides, I'm not gonna be the one picking up the pieces when she inevitably goes all psycho-killer on some human"

"Speaking of psycho-killer, hear you killed your first person yesterday, how was it?" Damon smirked "Feeling the remorse yet? Oh wait, you can't"

"Wrong, I killed my first five people yesterday" Avy smirked in response as Damon's fell "The guard at Pastor Young's was the first, oh it was euphoric, then there was some blonde girl called Sarah, and she was drunk as hell so I got a bit of a buzz, then there was this couple that lived off of route 20, I can't remember their names but they were delicious, and then some asshole that cut me off while I was driving home, but not, I didn't feel any remorse, not to brag or anything"

"Five, huh?" Damon asked "I'm almost proud"

Damon clinked his glass against Avy's.

A newspaper landed on the bar beside Damon, Liz moving to sit beside him.

"That seat's taken" Damon stated.

Liz moved to sit beside Avy as Damon read the headline on the newspaper.

"'Faulty gas line leads to tragic explosion at Young farm.'" Damon threw the paper down with a raised eyebrow "Really?"

"Better than 'Town Council blown up. Police have no suspects.'" Liz replied "Unless the perpetrator is right next to me"

Damon swigged his drink.

"Well, don't look at me" Avy said.

"I always take credit for killing people" Damon added.

Liz stared at Avy.

"Seriously, stop looking at me like that, Liz" Avy sighed "If I was going to kill twelve people, I wouldn't blow them up, I'd have a dinner party"

"The explosion was sparked from inside" Liz informed "This wasn't an accident"

"You say that like it's a bad thing" Damon scoffed.