the dinner party

AVY grinned across the table at the history teacher, watching as he drowned his sorrows.

"Come on, Ric" Avy smiled "It can't be that bad"

Alaric sent the boy a sarcastic smile as Damon scooted closer to the human boy.

"Okay, Damon, I swear to god, you get any closer to me I'm gonna stake your ass right here, right now" Avy warned.

"If you had listened to me and gone up to the Cabin where it's nice and safe then you wouldn't have to be stuck to my hip" Damon retorted.

"Oh you mean the nice and safe cabin that werewolves broke into and almost killed my god-sister and her boyfriend in last night?" Avy spoke sarcastically.

"Yes, the nice and safe cabin that Elena owns and therefore any uninvited Original vampires can't get into" Damon spoke shuffling back towards his date, tv new anchor Andie Starr.

"I'm sorry for not wanting to spend the next few days third-wheeling my god-sister and her boyfriend" Avy sighed.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon questioned Alaric.

"No, it was boring" Alaric scowled "Of course Jenna thinks he's charming"

"He is, you sound jealous?" Avy smirked turning to Andie "Jealous?"

"So jealous" Andie agreed.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here" Alaric glanced towards the journalist.

"Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets" Damon smirked at the girl "Haven't you?"

Andie agreed, smiling and kissing Damon slowly.

"My lips are sealed" Andie smirked.

"This is too weird" Alaric side-eyed the pair, Avy rolling his eyes.

"You just need the right opportunity" Damon spoke smirking as he watched Jenna and Elijah enter the Grill together "Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend"

"Hey guys" Jenna approached wrapping her arm around Avy.

"Hey Jen" Avy grinned at the woman.

"So, I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today" Damon began.

"Yeah" Jenna smiled "I guess you could say that"

"Well, as much as I'd like this to continue, I've got papers to grade" Alaric threw some money at the bar.

"You know what?" Andie began "We should continue this, let's have a dinner party"

"Ooh, my girl" Damon smiled deviously at Andie "Full of good ideas, I'll be happy to host, say tonight maybe?"

"It's good for me" Andie agreed "Avy? Jenna?"

"I don't know if tonight works-" Alaric began.

"Yeah I'm free" Jenna smiled.